    Can you reccomend software which can keep an eye on how much usage ?
    prefarably free

    NZed

    tHe otHer BeaTle, Jun 25, 2005

  2. tHe otHer BeaTle

    Harry Guest

    tHe otHer BeaTle wrote:

    > Well now that I have cable...I have to be careful I dont go over my cap of
    > 5gig.
    > Can you reccomend software which can keep an eye on how much usage ?
    > prefarably free
    >
    > NZed

    Sorry about the long line but:

    webcopy --depth=2 -R -c
    --post='SMENC=ISO-8859-1&SMLOCALE=US-EN&USER='"$USER"'&PASSWORD='"$PASSWORD"'&target=https://www.telecom.co.nz/je
    tstreamum/xtra&smauthreason=0' http://www.telecom.co.nz/xtralogin.fcc

    Similar command with wget or curl.
    Alternatively just navigate to the above with your browser.

    Harry, Jun 25, 2005

  3. tHe otHer BeaTle

    L Bruce Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:00:53 +1200, "tHe otHer BeaTle"
    <> wrote:

    >Well now that I have cable...I have to be careful I dont go over my cap of
    >5gig.
    >Can you reccomend software which can keep an eye on how much usage ?
    >prefarably free
    >
    >NZed

    I'm using "NET Traffic Meter" you can get it free from
    http://www.kctoolbox.tk/

    L Bruce, Jun 25, 2005
  4. Thanks for that Bruce
    I have installed it and it doesnt seem to be reading any usage.
    I have telstra Clear cable modem 5 gig plan.
    Using the ethernet port.
    Any suggestions why its not reading ? settings ?
    NZed

    tHe otHer BeaTle, Jun 25, 2005
  5. tHe otHer BeaTle

    mario Guest

    mario, Jun 25, 2005
  6. tHe otHer BeaTle

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "tHe otHer BeaTle" <> wrote in message
    > Well now that I have cable...I have to be careful I dont go over my cap of
    > 5gig.
    > Can you reccomend software which can keep an eye on how much usage ?
    > prefarably free
    >
    > NZed

    I use a copy of DU meter.

    Krazy Bob, Jun 25, 2005
  7. tHe otHer BeaTle

    Kane Guest

    If your with Paradise.Net goto their webpage. www.paradise.net.nz Login
    and check your internet usage. Shows traffic usage for the month. But
    thats for cable not adsl.

    Kane, Jun 26, 2005
  8. tHe otHer BeaTle

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "tHe otHer BeaTle" <> wrote in

    > Well now that I have cable...I have to be careful I dont go over my
    > cap of 5gig.
    > Can you reccomend software which can keep an eye on how much usage ?
    > prefarably free
    >
    > NZed

    I like this one.
    http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

    However, international and local is billed differently, so log into the
    members area and look there for a more accurate reading.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jun 26, 2005
  9. tHe otHer BeaTle

    gavin Guest

    This is by far the best application for keeping tabs on your internet usage...

    Traffic Usage Checker
    http://4g.virtual.net.nz/tuc/

    Written by a New Zealander for New Zealand ISPs.

    It works bloody well. Shows a little percentage % indicator in your system
    tray and you can set it to update hourly or do it manually etc.

    gavin, Jun 26, 2005
  10. tHe otHer BeaTle

    ~misfit~ Guest

    <Xposting removed>

    gavin wrote:
    > This is by far the best application for keeping tabs on your internet
    > usage...
    >
    > Traffic Usage Checker
    > http://4g.virtual.net.nz/tuc/
    >
    > Written by a New Zealander for New Zealand ISPs.
    >
    > It works bloody well. Shows a little percentage % indicator in your
    > system tray and you can set it to update hourly or do it manually etc.

    <top-posting for a weird sort of continuity>

    From the page you linked it appears that it only works with Jetstream. The
    OP only said that he had "cable". It may not be Jetstream. I guess it
    doesn't work with UBS either.....
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jun 27, 2005
  11. Hi there,

    tHe otHer BeaTle wrote:
    > Well now that I have cable...I have to be careful I dont go over my cap of
    > 5gig.
    > Can you reccomend software which can keep an eye on how much usage ?
    > prefarably free

    Not sure about a software solution, but does your ISP provide
    a means on their website to check yer account usage? It would
    be pretty rare (and poor) to not have such a feature...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    Chris Wilkinson, Jun 27, 2005
  12. tHe otHer BeaTle

    gavin Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > <Xposting removed>
    >
    > gavin wrote:
    > > This is by far the best application for keeping tabs on your internet
    > > usage...
    > >
    > > Traffic Usage Checker
    > > http://4g.virtual.net.nz/tuc/
    > >
    > > Written by a New Zealander for New Zealand ISPs.
    > >
    > > It works bloody well. Shows a little percentage % indicator in your
    > > system tray and you can set it to update hourly or do it manually etc.

    > <top-posting for a weird sort of continuity>
    >
    > From the page you linked it appears that it only works with Jetstream. The
    > OP only said that he had "cable". It may not be Jetstream. I guess it
    > doesn't work with UBS either.....
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    No. It also works with Paradise ADSL and Cable connections.

    gavin, Jun 27, 2005
  13. tHe otHer BeaTle

    ~misfit~ Guest

    gavin wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> <Xposting removed>
    >>
    >> gavin wrote:
    >>> This is by far the best application for keeping tabs on your
    >>> internet usage...
    >>>
    >>> Traffic Usage Checker
    >>> http://4g.virtual.net.nz/tuc/
    >>>
    >>> Written by a New Zealander for New Zealand ISPs.
    >>>
    >>> It works bloody well. Shows a little percentage % indicator in your
    >>> system tray and you can set it to update hourly or do it manually
    >>> etc.

    >> <top-posting for a weird sort of continuity>
    >>
    >> From the page you linked it appears that it only works with
    >> Jetstream. The OP only said that he had "cable". It may not be
    >> Jetstream. I guess it doesn't work with UBS either.....

    > No. It also works with Paradise ADSL and Cable connections.

    Ok, thanks. The page was a little misleading. maybe it was written when you
    had the choice of Jetstream or Jetstream. :)
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jun 27, 2005