    upload traffic (ie. how many GB I have downloaded/uploaded) for a particular
    month so that I don't go over my monthly cap as set by my ISP. Any ideas?

    Thanks for your help :)

    Ickshka, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Ickshka

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:28:34 +1200, "Ickshka" <> wrote:

    >I'm looking for a free program that will track my internet download and
    >upload traffic (ie. how many GB I have downloaded/uploaded) for a particular
    >month so that I don't go over my monthly cap as set by my ISP. Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks for your help :)

    This isn't the answer you want, but how about changing your address to something
    that doesn't resolve, unless you actually own nospam.com or have their
    permission to use it?

    --- 04/24/06 22:40:00 Central Daylight Time
    --- DNS lookup for "www.nospam.com", please wait...
    --- contacting nameserver: [redacted]
    --- Found authoritative nameserver: ns2.anything.com
    --- contacting nameserver: ns2.anything.com [204.228.229.165]

    http://www.nospam.com/

    --
    <AB> . o O (Years from now, when the aliens are sifting through our
    fossilized remnants, they're going to come to one inescapable

    Mara, Apr 25, 2006

  3. Ickshka

    Ickshka Guest

    Thanks for the advice (although unrelated) - how is this? ;-)

    Ickshka, Apr 25, 2006
  4. Ickshka

    Ickshka Guest

    "Ickshka" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a free program that will track my internet download and
    > upload traffic (ie. how many GB I have downloaded/uploaded) for a
    > particular month so that I don't go over my monthly cap as set by my ISP.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks for your help :)

    Perhaps I should be a bit more specific. I'm running Windows XP and my
    internet traffic runs through a router - "OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless 11g
    Firewall Router." Two users access the internet through the router - myself
    through a desktop PC direct connection and the other through wireless using
    a Notebook (both use Windows XP). I want to monitor the internet traffic
    (not network traffic) that each of us uses. Perhaps there is a way to
    monitor the internet traffic of both users simultaneously through the
    router? Otherwise alternatively I'm fine with each of us installing a piece
    of software on our PCs which will track our individual internet traffic
    separately. Any help is very much appreciated.

    Ickshka, Apr 25, 2006
  5. Ickshka

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-04-25, Ickshka <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a free program that will track my internet download and
    > upload traffic (ie. how many GB I have downloaded/uploaded) for a particular
    > month so that I don't go over my monthly cap as set by my ISP. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks for your help :)

    Doesn't your ISP let you see where you are at via your account information?

    --
    They should

    Jimchip, Apr 25, 2006
  6. Ickshka

    Ickshka Guest

    Yeah it does overall - I just want to see how much each seperate user at
    home is using.

    Ickshka, Apr 25, 2006
  7. Ickshka

    Scraggy Guest

    Ickshka wrote:
    > I'm looking for a free program that will track my internet download
    > and upload traffic (ie. how many GB I have downloaded/uploaded) for a
    > particular month so that I don't go over my monthly cap as set by my
    > ISP. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks for your help :)

    Netmeter
    http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Apr 25, 2006
  8. Ickshka

    Milanjot Guest

    well ive been using 'bitmeter' it works well enough

    Milanjot, Apr 25, 2006
  9. Ickshka

    me Guest

    "Ickshka" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a free program that will track my internet download and
    > upload traffic (ie. how many GB I have downloaded/uploaded) for a
    > particular month so that I don't go over my monthly cap as set by my ISP.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks for your help :)

    DU Meter

    http://www.dumeter.com