    I went into the folder options - but couldn't figure out from that point on
    what to do?

    thanks again - perila

    2004, Mar 24, 2006

  2. 2004

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    2004 wrote:
    > Hi - and thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > I received a message from the Mail Administrator - mail system error - on a
    > spam e-mail I replied to.rejected by a remote mail server
    > When I tried to look into the attachment which was going to explain the
    > server's reason - I got a message that said this program does not have a
    > program associated with it - create assoc. in folder options-control.'
    >
    > I went into the folder options - but couldn't figure out from that point on
    > what to do?
    >
    > thanks again - perila

    Just ignore the message Perila, and delete it. The attachment is
    probably the email you sent.

    If you replied to a spam email, the chances are the address was not
    valid, hence the return.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Mar 24, 2006

  3. 2004 wrote:

    > on a spam e-mail I replied to

    Do you like spam?

    One good way to continue to get tonnes of it, is to reply to it or even
    open it in HTML mode. This way you assure the spammer that you are a
    valid address so he can put you on the _good_ list and send you much
    more.

    Delete it without opening it.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 24, 2006
  4. 2004

    2004 Guest

    WHEW!! Thanks - Good advice... I won't open any spam e-mail in the future
    and especially will certainly never reply to one.

    .. -

    2004, Mar 24, 2006