Internet T1 setup question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by chris_fricke@hotmail.com, Apr 9, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I need to get an internet T1 working temporarily on a Cisco 1721 with
    a WIC 1 DSUCSU card. This router is already in use in a P2P T1
    connection to a second site using S0. I installed a second T1 card
    into S1 slot to be used for the internet T1.

    I"m not worried about a firewall at this point. eventually I"m going
    to set it up with an external firewall and a second T1 router. But
    for now....I don't even mind if my LAN device has a public address,
    but would rather use a static NAT so I don't have to change IP
    addressing on the LAN devices. This setup is only going to be used
    for a single video conference call.

    Here's my configs: Site A is the host site with the Internet T1 (I
    haven't configured S1 yet). I need public IP (or a one to one NAT)
    to a device at Site A and a second public IP for a Device at Site B.

    With these configs the P2P T1 is working but I haven't yet setup the
    internet T1. Here are the addresses given by the ISP. I"m mostly
    concerned about the routing and NAT, I can workout the line details
    with Qwest.

    Qwest Serial: xx.ww.128.85 /30
    Customer Serial xx.ww.128.86 /30
    LAN IP block yy.zz.204.240 /29
    (usable IP's yy.zz.204.241 - .246)

    After I add the customer serial IP to the S1 interface in site A. How
    do I utilize the LAN IP block. Can I just use it as a NAT Pool,
    leaving my existing internal IP scheme? Remember I'll need to NAT to
    a device in site A and anothe in site B.
    Thanks for any help.

    SITE A CONFIG:

    interface FastEthernet0
    description LAN in Site A
    ip address 192.168.51.2 255.255.255.0
    speed auto
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface Serial0
    description P2P to SITE B
    ip address 10.0.5.1 255.255.255.0
    service-module t1 clock source internal
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface Serial1
    no ip address (will add customer Serial IP here)
    shutdown
    no cdp enable
    !
    ip classless
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 (qwest serial IP here?)
    ip route 192.168.60.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.5.2
    no ip http server

    SITE B CONFIG:

    interface FastEthernet0
    description LAN in site B