    Nothing's made a difference
    Wondering if anyone's come across a similar problem and resolved it
    Thanks for any help
    DP, Nov 24, 2004

  2. DP

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:21:58 GMT, "DP" <> wrote:

    >I've been having this problem for a little while now
    >Windows 2000
    >Dlink DI-624 Revision C Wireless G Router
    >Connections between computers is fine but when downloading from internet
    >whether connected to cable or wireless speeds have dropped by 40-50%
    >
    >What I've done sof far
    >pulled my software firewall to make sure that was not interfering
    >Everytime I connect directly to my modem I do not get this problem.
    >Updated with the latest firmware
    >Tried changing preamble type to short in router properties/
    >Media type to 10BaseT in Adapter properties
    >Nothing's made a difference
    >Wondering if anyone's come across a similar problem and resolved it
    >Thanks for any help

    Check to see if the MTU and RWIN are optimized for your modem.
    MTU-1492 (DSL), MTU-1500 (Cable) RWIN-32767
    Tweak test: http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

    Make any recomended changes with their "DrTCP", reboot and test again.
    http://www.dslreports.com/front/DRTCP021.zip

    Also see: Navas Cable Modem-DSL Tuning Guide
    http://cable-dsl.home.att.net/
    Unk, Nov 24, 2004