    Is it possible to use internet at the same with Lan and WLan. I don't have
    budget to purchase an access point.

    Thankx!

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3JlYXRlX3NoYXJl?=, Sep 12, 2006

  2. ICS will only work on one network card. So to do what you want to do an
    access point would be the way to go. It is also usally possible to buy a
    wireless router and turn off it's DHCP server, creating an accesspoint.

    David Hettel
    Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

    David Hettel MVP MobileDevices, Sep 12, 2006

  3. create_share <> wrote:

    > i have one desktop pc with one Lan card and one WLan card. ICS is enabled
    > on it for Lan card. I have two other computers. One desktop and one
    > laptop. Desktop computer is taking internet from ICS enabled pc using Lan
    > card. Now i want to use internet on my Laptop which has built-in WLan
    > card.
    >
    > Is it possible to use internet at the same with Lan and WLan. I don't have
    > budget to purchase an access point.

    Yes indeed.

    Axel Hammerschmidt, Sep 12, 2006
  4. That is a great article on how to setup ICS on a wireless connection, as I
    understand the OP, he needs to have ICS setup on both a wireless connection
    and a wired connection at the same time. Or he wants to use three network
    cards at one time. ICS does not support this. Plugging an access point into
    the wired LAN would be the easiest way to do what he wants.

    David Hettel MVP MobileDevices, Sep 12, 2006
  5. David Hettel MVP MobileDevices" <> wrote:

    > That is a great article on how to setup ICS on a wireless connection, as I
    > understand the OP, he needs to have ICS setup on both a wireless
    > connection and a wired connection at the same time. Or he wants to use
    > three network cards at one time. [...]

    OK. I understood it differently.

    Axel Hammerschmidt, Sep 12, 2006
  6. Hi
    I do not know where you getting your Internet from, but if your source is
    coming as Wireless through the use of ICS, and you want to use it for an
    additional Wireless Laptop, you would end up with double NAT a very "quirky"
    system if at all. You should consider changing the topology of your
    Network, pending on what is the actual Internet source that you have.
    This page describes few options for Wireless bridging,
    http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 13, 2006
  7. My internet connection is simply dial-up.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3JlYXRlX3NoYXJl?=, Sep 13, 2006