    hangs & corrupts the network adaptor of win 2000 for some strange reason.

    Can I share internet this way or not?
    Ranjan
    Ranjan, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Ranjan

    Jack Guest

    Hi.

    You are much better off using Wireless Cable/DSL Router rather then Ad-Hoc
    Wireless.

    You can find Wireless Routers on sale for as little as $20.

    Using a Router will also make your Cable connection more secure.

    The content of these links might help.

    http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=122[/L]

    Ignore the prices in the links above. The same or similar hardware can be
    found for 60%-90% less.

    However if you would like to stay with your current setting try this:
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jul 17, 2004