    Many thanks
    In much anticipation
    Debbie

    Ladydeb, Jan 18, 2005

  2. Ladydeb

    Yddap Guest

    In news:pfaHd.40$,
    Ladydeb <> opined very noisily:
    > Hi there
    > I have been trying for 2 months to get a shared internet connection
    > going, using a Linksys cable DSL Router. I have a blueyonder
    > broadband connection. Trouble is when both pc's are hooked up to the
    > router, neither will go on-line. Both pc's recognise each other and
    > recognise the router, but will not connect to the internet.
    > Anyone have any ideas as to why?
    > I realise that this post is a bit technically vague, but I don't know
    > a great deal regarding computing and you intelligent folk out there
    > seem to know oodles.
    > Many thanks
    > In much anticipation
    > Debbie

    Try a post in " blueyonder.self-help.networking" you will find people with
    the same or similar
    set up to yours
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply

    Yddap, Jan 18, 2005

  3. Ladydeb

    SIXTHPISTOL Guest

    I am a bit worried about interacting with anything blueyonderish, as I have
    been informed that if they know you are connection sharing they may try to
    charge you extra for your connection. I have no idea if this is true, but
    thought it sensible to avoid blueyonder if possible. If its not true then,
    yeah, thanks a lot, I will give it a go.
    |Many thanks Yddap.
    Debbie

    SIXTHPISTOL, Jan 18, 2005
  4. Ladydeb

    Yddap Guest

    In news:pGaHd.91$,
    SIXTHPISTOL <> opined very noisily:
    > I am a bit worried about interacting with anything blueyonderish, as
    > I have been informed that if they know you are connection sharing
    > they may try to charge you extra for your connection. I have no idea
    > if this is true, but thought it sensible to avoid blueyonder if
    > possible. If its not true then, yeah, thanks a lot, I will give it a
    > go.
    >> Many thanks Yddap.

    Blueyonder do not mind you using a Router they just do not support the use
    of it
    that is why the NG I pointed you to was a " users self help " one
    :)
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply

    Yddap, Jan 18, 2005
  5. Ladydeb

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Ladydeb" <> wrote in

    > Hi there
    > I have been trying for 2 months to get a shared internet connection
    > going, using a Linksys cable DSL Router. I have a blueyonder broadband
    > connection. Trouble is when both pc's are hooked up to the router,
    > neither will go on-line. Both pc's recognise each other and recognise
    > the router, but will not connect to the internet.
    > Anyone have any ideas as to why?
    > I realise that this post is a bit technically vague, but I don't know
    > a great deal regarding computing and you intelligent folk out there
    > seem to know oodles.
    > Many thanks
    > In much anticipation
    > Debbie

    What IP(s) are the machines getting from the router? The machines can be
    timing out and defaulting to an IP that will allow access on the LAN
    between the machines, but since the machines didn't get an IP from the
    router, they are not going to be able to access the Internet. So, what IP
    (s) do the machines have when you go to the Command Prompt and enter
    IPconfig /all?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 18, 2005