    my laptop if I am in a area like a park , RV and etc which I can connect to
    my laptop that I can use just for a month or when I am away ..? I do have
    verizon cell phone if this would help for any ideas.? Thanks Tommy

    Tom, Apr 21, 2008

  2. Tom

    VanguardLH Guest

    Tom wrote:

    > I have a laptop with XP pro windows and it is wireless modem and cat five
    > connection. . Can anyone recommend a internet service that I can connect to
    > my laptop if I am in a area like a park , RV and etc which I can connect to
    > my laptop that I can use just for a month or when I am away ..? I do have
    > verizon cell phone if this would help for any ideas.? Thanks Tommy

    http://www.google.com/search?q=+wifi +hotspots

    Should find some sites that provide directories so you can check for
    hotspots in whatever area you plan to visit or where you happen to be at
    the time (but then how are you going to look them up if you're not in a
    hotspot at the time?).

    VanguardLH, Apr 21, 2008

  3. Tom

    M.L. Guest

    > I have a laptop with XP pro windows and it is wireless modem and cat
    > five connection. . Can anyone recommend a internet service that I can
    > connect to my laptop if I am in a area like a park , RV and etc which
    > I can connect to my laptop that I can use just for a month or when I
    > am away ..? I do have verizon cell phone if this would help for any
    > ideas.?

    You'll need to get a Verizon internet connection via a PC Card or a
    cellphone that can tether to your laptop. You'll still only get service
    from areas covered by Verizon.

    M.L., Apr 21, 2008
  4. Tom

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 04:01:08 -0400, "Tom" <> wrote:

    >I have a laptop with XP pro windows and it is wireless modem and cat five
    >connection. . Can anyone recommend a internet service that I can connect to
    >my laptop if I am in a area like a park , RV and etc which I can connect to
    >my laptop that I can use just for a month or when I am away ..? I do have
    >verizon cell phone if this would help for any ideas.? Thanks Tommy

    By 'wireless modem' do you mean a 802.11 WiFi adapter?

    If so, it varies as to whether the RV park will have WiFi access. Some
    do, some don't.

    Evan Platt, Apr 21, 2008
  5. "Tom" <> wrote in news:480c49c8$0$25027$:

    > I have a laptop with XP pro windows and it is wireless modem and cat
    > five connection. . Can anyone recommend a internet service that I can
    > connect to my laptop if I am in a area like a park , RV and etc which I
    > can connect to my laptop that I can use just for a month or when I am
    > away ..? I do have verizon cell phone if this would help for any ideas.?
    > Thanks Tommy

    Verizon is good.

    --

    My name is Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and I approve this message!

    I like boobies and I like candy. If only... Hmmm...

    http://www.ejb.com/picture/17783/Candy_bra.html

    Bucky Breeder, Apr 21, 2008