    Norton just released a product called 360. They offer a trial copy good for 15 days and I am happy to report that it installed with no problem, appears to be fairly lenient on system resources and really seems to be working just fine on my 64bit Vista Laptop.

    Personally I've never liked the Norton products but I've become a bit desperate when it comes to finding an all in one Internet security tool to run on my new Laptop. Since I've had luck with this product so far I thought it was worth sharing.

    Cheers.....

    Guest, Mar 6, 2007

  2. Avast - Windows Firewall & Defender should have your machine be 'tucked' in quite nicely! ( all of them free! and for AV there are good alternatives, AVG; Nod32 )

    Almost nobody likes Norton or McAfee!

    Tony. . .
    Like Others here I've struggled with this since buying my new 64Bit Vista Ultimate system. I've been running PCCillin since purchase with mixed results on the Firewall piece and very lackluster support to deal with it. Also a specific component of the system crashes every time I open the program.

    Tony Sperling, Mar 6, 2007

  3. Guest

    Safouh Guest

    I was using Norton Internet Security 2007 for the last few days and I can say it's terrible and as usual with Norton it slows the whole system and eating resources like monster , therefore I recommand Avast as I was using it before and it's very good.

    Safouh, Mar 6, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Trust me.....I've had nothing but trouble with Norton.....but this 360 product seems to run much lighter.

    Guest, Mar 7, 2007
  5. nothing on earth would get me to load that on my machine. For firewall, you
    already have an excellent one - it comes with Windows Vista and you don't
    need to change it. For AV, I'd look at something like Nod32. Or AVG. Both
    are good products, run on 64bit, and won't do unknown and nasty things to
    your system.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 7, 2007
  6. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I am VERY happy with Nod32 on x64 Ultimate. As for trying that 360
    thing, nothing on earth or any other planet or celestial body would
    get me to load that on a machine.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Mar 7, 2007
  7. Guest

    Jane C Guest

    I know someone who was involved in beta-testing it. Needless to say,
    Complete PC Backup and Restore got put to good use.......
    I won't touch anything Norton with a 10 foot barge-pole.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    Jane C, Mar 7, 2007
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks guys......exactly what I'm looking for here.....additional options!
    I'll try the other products mentioned. I definitely appreciate the
    feedback.

    Guest, Mar 7, 2007