    have the same intruder on my system. How does one hunt someone down
    once they move residence, purchase a new PC, and have a new highspeed
    Internet account?
    The Pete, Jul 27, 2007

  2. The Pete wrote:
    > My PC was previousily hacked into successfully in my old apartment. I
    > recently moved, bought a new computer (has Norton firewall) and now I
    > have the same intruder on my system. How does one hunt someone down
    > once they move residence, purchase a new PC, and have a new highspeed
    > Internet account?

    I'd use a security camera aimed at the computer/keyboard and see who the
    **** is doing that. Don't have a friend or wife around, do you?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 27, 2007

  3. The Pete

    Vanguard Guest

    "The Pete" wrote in message
    > My PC was previousily hacked into successfully in my old apartment. I
    > recently moved, bought a new computer (has Norton firewall) and now I
    > have the same intruder on my system. How does one hunt someone down
    > once they move residence, purchase a new PC, and have a new highspeed
    > Internet account?

    We don't know what you mean by "hacked" successfully into your system.
    Prove it! Show *us* what you think Norton's firewall is showing you
    that you are interpreting as the intrusion. Norton, as I recall, logs
    those intrusions so you could actually tell us what it said.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    Vanguard, Jul 27, 2007
  4. The Pete

    Richard Guest

    "The Pete" <> wrote in message
    > My PC was previousily hacked into successfully in my old apartment. I
    > recently moved, bought a new computer (has Norton firewall) and now I
    > have the same intruder on my system. How does one hunt someone down
    > once they move residence, purchase a new PC, and have a new highspeed
    > Internet account?

    By having malware on your system. You still visiting those same porn sites?
    What indication is there of the hacking?
    Richard, Jul 27, 2007
  5. The Pete

    Mike Easter Guest

    The Pete wrote:
    > My PC was previousily hacked into successfully in my old apartment. I
    > recently moved, bought a new computer (has Norton firewall) and now I
    > have the same intruder on my system. How does one hunt someone down
    > once they move residence, purchase a new PC, and have a new highspeed
    > Internet account?

    It is likely that your understanding of what is going on is very
    incomplete, so operating from your set of assumptions is not the correct
    or optimal approach.

    Absent the accurate information of what is actually going on, I would
    only remark that if someone has all of your user/pass information and
    access to your computer in the past and present, they can have access to
    your system in the future.

    The internet connects us all together. You are responsible for your
    security. Or paranoia.

    You are posting here with googlegroups which stamps your Rogers cable IP
    address and a valid email address for you. That's quite a bit if you
    are insecurely configured against a determined adversary with your
    privacy information.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 27, 2007