    keyboard isn't gonna happen.

    Thanks!

    -- Rich Fife --

    Rich Fife, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Rich Fife

    Impmon Guest

    On 14 Jun 2005 13:16:25 -0700, "Rich Fife" <> wrote:

    >I apologize if this turns out to be an easy question, but my Google
    >search have turned up nothing but chaff.
    >
    >Is there such a thing as a DVD/CD changer that has ethernet / internet
    >connectivity to download titles and thumbnails for the CDs and DVDs in
    >it's tray and display them?
    >
    >Remembering things by number is getting old and entering titles by
    >keyboard isn't gonna happen.
    >
    >Thanks!

    I'm not sure if such player exists. I checked www.videohelp.com for
    any DVD player that are both disc changer and has ethernet connection,
    got zero for it. Only 9 listed has ethernet connection none of them
    disc changer.

    Impmon, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Rich Fife

    Rich Fife Guest

    It seems the Kenwood DV5050M is closest. You can download titles to
    your pc and then send them to the DVD player over a serial port.

    http://store.yahoo.com/hometheaterplus/kedv4003didv.html

    It still definitely exceeds my hassle threshold, plus it doesn't
    support SACD. The quest continues.

    -- Rich Fife --

    Rich Fife, Jun 16, 2005