    miss calm Guest

    My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an upgrade to the
    latest AMD Atholon processor. What could be the problem? Thanks.
    miss calm, Jul 20, 2003

  2. miss calm

    rgm Guest

    "> My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an upgrade to the
    > latest AMD Atholon processor. What could be the problem? Thanks.

    Try Ad-aware first it's takes care of a lot internet crap.
    A good starting point for you

    Link copied from Brian H
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/aaw6181.exe
    rgm, Jul 20, 2003

  3. miss calm

    DaveG Guest

    --
    "miss calm" <> wrote in message
    > My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an upgrade to

    the
    > latest AMD Atholon processor. What could be the problem? Thanks.

    Traffic,servers,spyware,dodgy ISP etc etc etc-lots of reasons :-(

    ATB-DaveG
    DaveG, Jul 20, 2003
  4. miss calm

    eck eck Guest

    ain't it th-th-the summer of b-b-br-br-broadband?

    eck eck, Jul 20, 2003
  5. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "DaveG" <> wrote in message
    > --
    > "miss calm" <> wrote in message
    > > My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an upgrade to

    > the
    > > latest AMD Atholon processor. What could be the problem? Thanks.
    > >

    > Traffic,servers,spyware,dodgy ISP etc etc etc-lots of reasons :-(

    Do you mean spyware imported unknowingly into my pc? If so how could I find
    it?
    The only prog I am running is Griisoft AVG which was never a prob before.
    (ISP Freeserve)

    miss calm, Jul 20, 2003
  6. miss calm

    DaveG Guest

    "miss calm" <> wrote in message

    > "DaveG" <> wrote in message
    > > --
    > > "miss calm" <> wrote in message
    > > > My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an

    upgrade to
    > > the
    > > > latest AMD Atholon processor. What could be the problem? Thanks.
    > > >

    > > Traffic,servers,spyware,dodgy ISP etc etc etc-lots of reasons :-(

    > Do you mean spyware imported unknowingly into my pc? If so how could

    I find it?
    > The only prog I am running is Griisoft AVG which was never a prob

    before. (ISP Freeserve)

    See the thread above which is named 'popups and adware, spyware'
    for advice on good Spyware killers,I noticed 'something' have the CPU
    crank a few cycles this am and will gleefully zap the little mofo's
    later.
    I use Spybot,Ad-Aware and Bulletproof.
    If you haven't used a spykiller before you're in for a surprise!

    ATB-DG.

    ps-I never had NAV find spyware-it doesn't provide that
    fucntion,presumably AVG does not either.
    DaveG, Jul 20, 2003
  7. miss calm

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 20, 2003
  8. miss calm wrote:

    > My Internet has slowed down dramatically, this despite an upgrade to

    So it's *yours*, is it? I've been wondered who I should ask for more.
    Can I have more of your Internet? Mine's getting kind of used up.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    Spam: The Boulder Pledge http://snurl.com/bpledge
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 20, 2003