    Theres no viruses and hes run adaware etc.
    Any ideas?
    TIA

    L.Hatherall, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Hi, is it turning off completely on it's own; as if powered off? Or is it
    returning an error message?

    If error'ing and shutting down, it's possible hardware problem. If sound
    card is not imbedded in motherboard and is in a slot, ensure it's securely
    in the slot.

    John

    Unlimited newsgroup access as low as $2.95
    http://www.newsgroups-download.com/

    "L.Hatherall" <l.hatherall@"no spam"btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > My mate has a problem with his computer shutting down when he listens to

    any
    > radio station on the net.
    > Sometimes it will last for 30 mins and other times maybe 10.
    > Hes tried using various sites but each one gives the same prob.
    > Hes on broadband with BT and if hes just on the web but not listening to
    > radio theres no problem.
    > His pc is fairly new...about 6 months old and hes tried reinstalling XP

    but

    John Spieo \(MSCE\), Jun 14, 2005

  3. L.Hatherall

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 05:15:31 +0000 (UTC), "L.Hatherall"
    <l.hatherall@"no spam"btinternet.com> wrote:

    >My mate has a problem with his computer shutting down when he listens to any
    >radio station on the net.
    >Sometimes it will last for 30 mins and other times maybe 10.
    >Hes tried using various sites but each one gives the same prob.
    >Hes on broadband with BT and if hes just on the web but not listening to
    >radio theres no problem.
    >His pc is fairly new...about 6 months old and hes tried reinstalling XP but
    >the problems still there.
    >Theres no viruses and hes run adaware etc.

    Which radio progie is he running? Realaudio? Windows Media Player? MP3
    via HTTP?

    Joel Rubin, Jun 14, 2005
  4. L.Hatherall

    L.Hatherall Guest

    Its just crashing and he has to restart it.
    As far as I know hes tried realplayer etc and also just listening through
    the websites eg yahoo
    Each one does the same thing.

    L.Hatherall, Jun 14, 2005