internet problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Muhammed Farooq, Dec 18, 2007.

  1. my internet won't open up, i can't send e-mails.
    muhammed.farooq1@ntlworld .com

    Muhammed Farooq, Dec 18, 2007

  2. Muhammed Farooq

    soylentgreen Guest

    Are you with virgin by any chance.

    soylentgreen, Dec 18, 2007

  3. Muhammed Farooq

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:53:33 GMT, "Muhammed Farooq"
    <> wrote:

    >my internet won't open up, i can't send e-mails.
    >muhammed.farooq1@ntlworld .com

    *sigh*

    NTLWorld. I didn't even need to look. ... Err literally.

    Evan Platt, Dec 18, 2007
  4. Muhammed Farooq

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-12-18, Muhammed Farooq <> wrote:
    > my internet won't open up, i can't send e-mails.
    > muhammed.farooq1@ntlworld .com

    <http://www.ispreview.co.uk/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?id=EEAZAyApFpsXEcDZqr>

    Customers of Virgin Media's cable based broadband services were hit by
    a sporadic outage last night, although it?s not known precisely how
    many have been impacted yet the issue appears to be a national one.

    Unfortunately the operator?s service status page reports that, for some
    people at least, the problems are still on-going as per this mornings
    update:

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Dec 18, 2007
  5. Muhammed Farooq

    soylentgreen Guest

    Since virgin got there hands on NTL the service has been in a word
    RANK......am leaving them now they are not intrested except taking your
    money.

    soylentgreen, Dec 18, 2007
  6. Muhammed Farooq

    TJ Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:53:33 GMT, "Muhammed Farooq"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>my internet won't open up, i can't send e-mails.
    >>muhammed.farooq1@ntlworld .com

    > *sigh*
    >
    > NTLWorld. I didn't even need to look. ... Err literally.

    Painfully obvious aren't they? The google-gropers and ntli/ntlworld/virgin
    media users I mean.

    Earlier today I responded to a google-groper calling itself "PC User" while
    cleaning out OE so as to put it (OE) into storage. Seems this particular
    vista-using-google-groper is having a problem uninstalling some piece of
    shit IRC program that both the author AND the download site clearly advised
    would NOT run on Vista.

    Go figure.

    Using Xnews I kill all posts with google in the MID on sight. But I
    hesitate to kill *everything* from ntli as they have a few customers
    posting here and there who really contribute to the group(s).

    I think it's about time I delve a little further into the Xnews score file
    capabilities.

    There's probably a way to "white list" certain individuals posting through
    ntli (et al) while at the same time 86ing the rest.

    TJ, Dec 18, 2007
  7. Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:53:33 GMT, "Muhammed Farooq"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>my internet won't open up, i can't send e-mails.
    >>muhammed.farooq1@ntlworld .com

    > *sigh*
    >
    > NTLWorld. I didn't even need to look. ... Err literally.

    This guy's not gonna pull the towel over *your* eyes. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 18, 2007
  8. TJ wrote:

    > Evan Platt <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:53:33 GMT, "Muhammed Farooq"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>my internet won't open up, i can't send e-mails.
    >>>muhammed.farooq1@ntlworld .com

    >> *sigh*
    >>
    >> NTLWorld. I didn't even need to look. ... Err literally.

    > Painfully obvious aren't they? The google-gropers and ntli/ntlworld/virgin
    > media users I mean.
    >
    > Earlier today I responded to a google-groper calling itself "PC User" while
    > cleaning out OE so as to put it (OE) into storage. Seems this particular
    > vista-using-google-groper is having a problem uninstalling some piece of
    > shit IRC program that both the author AND the download site clearly advised
    > would NOT run on Vista.
    >
    > Go figure.
    >
    > Using Xnews I kill all posts with google in the MID on sight. But I
    > hesitate to kill *everything* from ntli as they have a few customers
    > posting here and there who really contribute to the group(s).
    >
    > I think it's about time I delve a little further into the Xnews score file
    > capabilities.
    >
    > There's probably a way to "white list" certain individuals posting through
    > ntli (et al) while at the same time 86ing the rest.

    Xnews scores by rules sequentially. Put a white list above a ntl-kill
    rule. Score the white-listers "=0". The equality symbol will tell Xnews to
    stop processing that post at that rule and it won't be assigned the
    ntl-kill -9999 score below.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 18, 2007
  9. Muhammed Farooq

    TJ Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > TJ wrote:
    >
    >> Evan Platt <> wrote in

    >>> *sigh*
    >>>
    >>> NTLWorld. I didn't even need to look. ... Err literally.

    >> Painfully obvious aren't they? The google-gropers and
    >> ntli/ntlworld/virgin media users I mean.
    >>
    >> Earlier today I responded to a google-groper calling itself "PC User"
    >> while cleaning out OE so as to put it (OE) into storage. Seems this
    >> particular vista-using-google-groper is having a problem uninstalling
    >> some piece of shit IRC program that both the author AND the download
    >> site clearly advised would NOT run on Vista.
    >>
    >> Go figure.
    >>
    >> Using Xnews I kill all posts with google in the MID on sight. But I
    >> hesitate to kill *everything* from ntli as they have a few customers
    >> posting here and there who really contribute to the group(s).
    >>
    >> I think it's about time I delve a little further into the Xnews score
    >> file capabilities.
    >>
    >> There's probably a way to "white list" certain individuals posting
    >> through ntli (et al) while at the same time 86ing the rest.

    > Xnews scores by rules sequentially. Put a white list above a ntl-kill
    > rule. Score the white-listers "=0". The equality symbol will tell
    > Xnews to stop processing that post at that rule and it won't be
    > assigned the ntl-kill -9999 score below.

    You just saved me a lot of reading. Thanks for that. :)

    TJ, Dec 18, 2007
  10. Muhammed Farooq

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-12-18, TJ <> wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in
    >
    >> TJ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Evan Platt <> wrote in

    [...]

    >>> There's probably a way to "white list" certain individuals posting
    >>> through ntli (et al) while at the same time 86ing the rest.

    >> Xnews scores by rules sequentially. Put a white list above a ntl-kill
    >> rule. Score the white-listers "=0". The equality symbol will tell
    >> Xnews to stop processing that post at that rule and it won't be
    >> assigned the ntl-kill -9999 score below.

    > You just saved me a lot of reading. Thanks for that. :)

    Or you could create a single score file entry combining both the general
    block and the white-list associated with it; eg give a score of =-9999 for
    all articles with ntl in the Message ID but not for those with <insert
    name here> in the From. (I'll let you work out the syntax for your
    particular newsreader; I think from memory there is a 'flag' such as ~ or
    ! that you can use in Xnews to mean 'not'.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Dec 18, 2007
  11. TJ wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in
    >
    >> TJ wrote:
    >>> There's probably a way to "white list" certain individuals posting
    >>> through ntli (et al) while at the same time 86ing the rest.

    >> Xnews scores by rules sequentially. Put a white list above a ntl-kill
    >> rule. Score the white-listers "=0". The equality symbol will tell
    >> Xnews to stop processing that post at that rule and it won't be
    >> assigned the ntl-kill -9999 score below.

    > You just saved me a lot of reading. Thanks for that. :)

    I exist but to serve. Okay, and swim and eat. People, where possible.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 18, 2007
  12. Whiskers wrote:

    > On 2007-12-18, TJ <> wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> Xnews scores by rules sequentially. Put a white list above a ntl-kill
    >>> rule. Score the white-listers "=0". The equality symbol will tell
    >>> Xnews to stop processing that post at that rule and it won't be
    >>> assigned the ntl-kill -9999 score below.

    >> You just saved me a lot of reading. Thanks for that. :)

    > Or you could create a single score file entry combining both the general
    > block and the white-list associated with it; eg give a score of =-9999 for
    > all articles with ntl in the Message ID but not for those with <insert
    > name here> in the From. (I'll let you work out the syntax for your
    > particular newsreader; I think from memory there is a 'flag' such as ~ or
    > ! that you can use in Xnews to mean 'not'.

    ~ = NOT

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 18, 2007
  13. Muhammed Farooq

    Lookout Guest

    On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:18:31 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:53:33 GMT, "Muhammed Farooq"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>my internet won't open up, i can't send e-mails.
    >>muhammed.farooq1@ntlworld .com

    >*sigh*
    >
    >NTLWorld. I didn't even need to look. ... Err literally.

    And X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138

    Lookout, Dec 19, 2007
  14. Hiya Muhammed Farooq.

    In <news:1zV9j.18648$> you wrote:

    > my internet won't open up, i can't send e-mails.
    > muhammed.farooq1@ntlworld .com

    Another fucking misled nob.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952