    Sorry for my English (it is not my first langage)
    thank you
    laurie
    sebastien fargues, Jan 11, 2005

  2. sebastien fargues

    Yddap Guest

    In news:nWNEd.61688$,
    sebastien fargues <> opined very noisily:
    > hi,
    >
    > I cannot connect to the internet (blueyonder) but outlook works.
    > I have this message : error 678 the remote computer didnot respond
    > and local area connection: a network cable is unplugged
    >
    > I am not good at computer etc...
    >
    > Do u know what I have to do?
    > Sorry for my English (it is not my first langage)
    > thank you
    > laurie

    Munge your email address then go to "blueyonder.support.hi-speed" newsgroup
    and ask in there
    :-(
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply
    Yddap, Jan 11, 2005

  3. sebastien fargues wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > I cannot connect to the internet (blueyonder) but outlook works.
    > I have this message : error 678 the remote computer didnot respond
    > and local area connection: a network cable is unplugged
    >
    > I am not good at computer etc...
    >
    > Do u know what I have to do?
    > Sorry for my English (it is not my first langage)
    > thank you
    > laurie

    Well if it is an issue regarding the error 678, then try to lower down
    the port speed to 57600 and try again...

    If you are using WinXP...then get into
    -Control Panel
    -Select Phone and modem options
    -Select Modems