    Quality of the call was pretty good.

    http://internetcalls.com/en/index.html

    mario
    mario, Feb 25, 2006

  2. mario

    krazy Bob Guest

    "mario" <> wrote in message
    news:4400d3ca$...
    > Supposedly calls will only last a minute for free but so far I've talked
    > for 25 minutes, ChCh to Akl. Bandwidth used was 8k/8k.
    > Quality of the call was pretty good.
    >
    > http://internetcalls.com/en/index.html
    >
    > mario

    so you download this programe, get your free number, call any landline and
    the call is free and you reckon the quality is good?

    KB
    krazy Bob, Feb 25, 2006

  3. mario

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:13:40 +1300, "krazy Bob" <>
    wrote:

    >"mario" <> wrote in message
    >> Supposedly calls will only last a minute for free but so far I've talked
    >> for 25 minutes, ChCh to Akl. Bandwidth used was 8k/8k.
    >> Quality of the call was pretty good.
    >>
    >> http://internetcalls.com/en/index.html
    >>
    >> mario

    >so you download this programe, get your free number, call any landline and
    >the call is free and you reckon the quality is good?
    >
    >KB

    After a few free calls you'll be invited to continue to call for free
    (to the free destinations) by depositing about $NZ18. This will only
    be debited when you call a chargeable destinastion.
    Yeah - quality is excellent.
    Puzzling though are the many names Betamax are using to market what
    appears to be an identical product.
    Been using it faultlessly for about three weeks.
    Nho Whei, Feb 25, 2006
  4. mario

    Nova Guest

    Nho Whei wrote:
    > On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:13:40 +1300, "krazy Bob" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "mario" <> wrote in message
    >>> Supposedly calls will only last a minute for free but so far I've talked
    >>> for 25 minutes, ChCh to Akl. Bandwidth used was 8k/8k.
    >>> Quality of the call was pretty good.
    >>>
    >>> http://internetcalls.com/en/index.html
    >>>
    >>> mario

    >> so you download this programe, get your free number, call any landline and
    >> the call is free and you reckon the quality is good?
    >>
    >> KB

    > After a few free calls you'll be invited to continue to call for free
    > (to the free destinations) by depositing about $NZ18. This will only
    > be debited when you call a chargeable destinastion.
    > Yeah - quality is excellent.
    > Puzzling though are the many names Betamax are using to market what
    > appears to be an identical product.
    > Been using it faultlessly for about three weeks.

    What is the $18 for?
    Is that a one off fee? or does it expire each month/year or something?

    What if you never call a destination that costs money? or do they change
    the "free" countries every so often?

    Sounds good, but sounds too good, so I'm think there is a catch..
    obviously they have to make money somehow...
    Nova, Feb 25, 2006
  5. mario

    Richard Guest

    Nova wrote:

    > What is the $18 for?
    > Is that a one off fee? or does it expire each month/year or something?
    >
    > What if you never call a destination that costs money? or do they change
    > the "free" countries every so often?
    >
    > Sounds good, but sounds too good, so I'm think there is a catch..
    > obviously they have to make money somehow...

    More importantly, can I use it with any old sip or iax compliant
    software/hardware or am I stuck with a cruddy softphone app? If I have to use
    there software then its just as useless as skype.
    Richard, Feb 26, 2006
  6. On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:16:22 +1300, Richard wrote:

    > More importantly, can I use it with any old sip or iax compliant
    > software/hardware or am I stuck with a cruddy softphone app? If I have to
    > use there software then its just as useless as skype.

    And it's only available for people running M$ Windows.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    Buffer-overflow vulnerabilities are simply programming errors; they occur when
    coders fail to deploy proper memory-management techniques.
    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Feb 26, 2006
  7. mario

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:27:38 +1300, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    exclaimed:

    >> More importantly, can I use it with any old sip or iax compliant
    >> software/hardware or am I stuck with a cruddy softphone app? If I have to
    >> use there software then its just as useless as skype.

    >And it's only available for people running M$ Windows.

    Oh no!! Only available to 96% of desktop computers... How will they
    survive?!?

    I can't believe they haven't paid a large amount of money to have
    their software ported to every odd OS 3 people might be using...
    Fred Dagg, Feb 26, 2006
  8. mario

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:

    > I can't believe they haven't paid a large amount of money to have
    > their software ported to every odd OS 3 people might be using...

    If it's Open Source, nobody has to pay anyone...and people will just
    port it...
    Stu Fleming, Feb 26, 2006
  9. mario

    Ross Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:47:56 +1300, Fred Dagg <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:27:38 +1300, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    >exclaimed:
    >
    >>> More importantly, can I use it with any old sip or iax compliant
    >>> software/hardware or am I stuck with a cruddy softphone app? If I have to
    >>> use there software then its just as useless as skype.

    >>And it's only available for people running M$ Windows.

    >Oh no!! Only available to 96% of desktop computers... How will they
    >survive?!?
    >
    >I can't believe they haven't paid a large amount of money to have
    >their software ported to every odd OS 3 people might be using...

    Bother, I'm out with good ole Windows 98SE. :-(
    Ross, Feb 26, 2006
  10. mario

    Daniel Guest

    Yes, i have used them under a different name voipbuster and they changed
    the free list after i put money into them... call quality is a little
    worse than skypeout.

    Daniel

    Daniel, Feb 26, 2006
  11. mario

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:24:36 +1300, Ross <>
    exclaimed:

    >On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:47:56 +1300, Fred Dagg <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:27:38 +1300, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    >>exclaimed:

    >>>And it's only available for people running M$ Windows.

    >>Oh no!! Only available to 96% of desktop computers... How will they
    >>survive?!?
    >>
    >>I can't believe they haven't paid a large amount of money to have
    >>their software ported to every odd OS 3 people might be using...

    >Bother, I'm out with good ole Windows 98SE. :-(

    As with much software, unfortunately.

    Which is kindof understandable, given that it's 2006 (8 years later)..
    Fred Dagg, Feb 26, 2006
  12. mario

    Guest

    Win95 still works fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    , Feb 26, 2006
  13. mario

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On 26 Feb 2006 12:53:12 -0800, ""
    <> exclaimed:

    >Win95 still works fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

    LOL!!!!!

    That's funny.

    I guess one could argue that Windows 3.11 still works fine, too.
    Fred Dagg, Feb 26, 2006
  14. On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 12:53:12 -0800, wrote:

    > Win95 still works fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

    What is the uptime on your Win95 box? Do you have to reboot at least once
    a day? Do you have to reinstall at least once a year?

    I've had uptimes on my desktop box measurable in months.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    Every major worm other than the original Morris Worm from 1988 has leveraged
    a hole in Microsoft products.
    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Feb 26, 2006
  15. mario

    Nova Guest

    wrote:
    > Win95 still works fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

    You are joking right?
    Windows 2000 was really the first decent OS for home users, then XP of
    course. Before that things were way unstable..
    Nova, Feb 27, 2006
  16. mario

    Nova Guest

    Nova wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Win95 still works fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    >>

    > You are joking right?
    > Windows 2000 was really the first decent OS for home users, then XP of
    > course. Before that things were way unstable..

    I am talking about the Windows OS's of course.
    Nova, Feb 27, 2006
  17. mario

    Bret Guest

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:42:59 +1300, Nova <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Win95 still works fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    >>

    >You are joking right?
    >Windows 2000 was really the first decent OS for home users, then XP of
    >course. Before that things were way unstable..

    You left out an f in off :)
    Bret, Feb 27, 2006
  18. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:42:59 +1300, Nova wrote:

    >> Win95 still works fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    >>

    > You are joking right?
    > Windows 2000 was really the first decent OS for home users, then XP of
    > course. Before that things were way unstable..

    Windoze 2000 was supposed to be WinXP, but it got trimmed (surprise) to
    meet deadlines. Windoze 2000, like all versions of Micro$oft Windows, is
    little more than a vehicle for transmitting viruses.

    If you want an actual decent OS for home or corporate use, then you'll use
    Linux or Unix.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Feb 27, 2006
  19. mario

    Nova Guest

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:42:59 +1300, Nova wrote:
    >
    >>> Win95 still works fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    >>>

    >> You are joking right?
    >> Windows 2000 was really the first decent OS for home users, then XP of
    >> course. Before that things were way unstable..

    > Windoze 2000 was supposed to be WinXP, but it got trimmed (surprise) to
    > meet deadlines. Windoze 2000, like all versions of Micro$oft Windows, is
    > little more than a vehicle for transmitting viruses.

    You should do stand up comedy.

    Nova, Feb 27, 2006
  20. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:34:04 +1300, Nova wrote:

    >> Windoze 2000 was supposed to be WinXP, but it got trimmed (surprise) to
    >> meet deadlines. Windoze 2000, like all versions of Micro$oft Windows, is
    >> little more than a vehicle for transmitting viruses.

    > You should do stand up comedy.

    I do, from time to time - every time I reinstall Micro$oft Windoze for
    somebody. That's the biggest joke on the face of the planet - installing
    Micro$oft software.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    Joe Barr: "So the question is not 'Is Microsoft lying?' It's deeper than
    that. The real question is, 'Is Microsoft capable of honesty?' And if you
    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Feb 27, 2006