    enough rights to do this, but since a few days i'm not allowed th change
    this. I run adware frequently and i'm using Norton Anti-virus.

    Greetz, Mat
    Mat & Mia Moors, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Mat & Mia Moors

    Rob K Guest

    Mat & Mia Moors wrote in <bssjid$2pv$1.nb.home.nl> :
    > I have a little problem with IE6 (in XP HOME)
    > I want to change my standard home-page. But I seem to have restrictions so
    > now it's impossible to change any of the internet options.My account had
    > enough rights to do this, but since a few days i'm not allowed th change
    > this. I run adware frequently and i'm using Norton Anti-virus.
    > Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
    >
    > Greetz, Mat

    D/L, install and run
    HiJackthis and Spybot Search&destroy. Easy to find using Google.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Mat & Mia Moors

    °Mike° Guest

    Do you run SpyBot S&D, or Spyware Blaster? There are options
    to prevent Internet Options from being accessed, in those programs.

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:27:32 +0100, in
    <bssjid$2pv$1.nb.home.nl>
    Mat & Mia Moors scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Mat & Mia Moors

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:27:32 +0100, Mat & Mia Moors wrote:

    >I have a little problem with IE6 (in XP HOME)
    >I want to change my standard home-page. But I seem to have restrictions so
    >now it's impossible to change any of the internet options.My account had
    >enough rights to do this, but since a few days i'm not allowed th change
    >this. I run adware frequently and i'm using Norton Anti-virus.
    >Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

    Run a couple of these, courtesy of °Mike°:

    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]

    ** Caveat:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    just to make sure, as Norton isn't the greatest AV around. And if you're not
    running SpywareBlaster, Spybot S&D, and HijackThis along with AdAware, you
    should.

    If everything's clean after all this, then log in as Administrator and change it
    that way, or run a repair.

    http://www.internet-magazine.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=93

    --
    The major difference about 'targeted marketing' on the Internet is the
    targets can and will shoot back. -- Gym "Often with heavier weapons." Quirk
    Mara, Dec 30, 2003