Internet options resets it's self

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Gabbyguy, Sep 22, 2005.

  1. Gabbyguy

    Gabbyguy Guest

    What causes the sign-on screen to pop up from time to time?
    I have disabled all programs that try to call home. Didn't help.

    What causes "Tools\Internet Options\Connections" to change it's settings?
    I need it set to "Always Dial My Default Connection" It resets it's self to
    "Never Dial A Connection." Programs like Mailwasher Pro will not dial
    any connections with this setting. This happens often enough to be a pain.

    I have run every Anti Virus, Adware and Spyware program I can find. None of
    them find anything wrong.

    WinMe. Gateway GP6-400, 500 megahertz Intel Pentium III, 320 Megabytes
    Installed Memory

    I will appreciate any advise.

    ------------------------
    Wake Up America

    Gabbyguy, Sep 22, 2005

  2. Gabbyguy

    HF Guest

    Have you ever thought to tick the box which says 'Connect automatically'

    HF, Sep 22, 2005

  3. Gabbyguy

    Gabbyguy Guest

    > Have you ever thought to tick the box which says 'Connect automatically'
    I have, only to find the computer connects to the Net every time the sign-on
    screen pops up.
    The only setting that works right is "Never Dial A Connection." Even with
    this setting
    the program keeps resetting it's self.

    ------------------------
    Wake Up America

    Gabbyguy, Sep 22, 2005
  4. Gabbyguy

    Able Mable Guest

    "Gabbyguy" <> wrote in message
    >> Have you ever thought to tick the box which says 'Connect automatically'

    > I have, only to find the computer connects to the Net every time the
    > sign-on
    > screen pops up.
    > The only setting that works right is "Never Dial A Connection." Even with
    > this setting
    > the program keeps resetting it's self.

    Spyware scan would be a start.

    Able Mable, Sep 30, 2005
  5. Gabbyguy

    Gabbyguy Guest

    Thanx for your input, Able Mable.
    Been there, done that. No help.

    ---------------------------
    Wake Up America

    Gabbyguy, Sep 30, 2005
  6. Gabbyguy

    Brian Guest

    Sounds like you have conflicting info here. You want the setting to be on
    always dial default check the automatically connect but then you wonder why
    it connects when you bring up the sign in window?....so you change it to
    never dial and think that the settings are being reset when in fact you have
    changed it yourself....following the thread this is what it seems like to
    me. if this is not the case please repost what you desire to resolve the
    confusion..otherwise it seems that it is working like you are asking it to.

    Brian, Oct 1, 2005