    Can anyone suggest how it disappeared and how to get it back?

    Thanks

    Dave

    DaveK, Aug 30, 2003

  2. DaveK

    °Mike° Guest

    Copy/paste the following into notepad, and save as a *.reg file.
    Close down IE and merge the .reg file into your registry - right
    click / merge. NOTE: Everything between [ and ] MUST be
    on one line only. There MUST be a blank line at the end.

    ***** <--- omit this line
    REGEDIT4

    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\
    Internet Explorer\Control Panel]

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\
    Internet Explorer\Control Panel]

    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\
    Internet Explorer\Restrictions]

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\
    Internet Explorer\Restrictions]

    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\
    Internet Explorer\Control Panel]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\
    Internet Explorer\Control Panel]

    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\
    Internet Explorer\Restrictions]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\
    Internet Explorer\Restrictions]

    ***** <--- omit this line

    On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:18:18 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bir7r9$7jk$>
    DaveK scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance