    Can anyone enlighten me as to how I can make this nem219.dll deletion
    friendly?

    Thanks.
    c_rose, Sep 10, 2004

  2. "c_rose" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    <snip>
    > Can anyone enlighten me as to how I can make this nem219.dll deletion
    > friendly?

    Start | Run | regsvr32 -u nem219.dll
    John Rampling, Sep 10, 2004

  3. c_rose

    Thor Guest

    "John Rampling" <> wrote in message

    > "c_rose" <> wrote in message
    > <snip>
    > > Can anyone enlighten me as to how I can make this nem219.dll deletion
    > > friendly?

    > Start | Run | regsvr32 -u nem219.dll

    I've tried that a few times with "in use" DLL files. Never got it to work.
    Thor, Sep 10, 2004
  4. c_rose

    Thor Guest

    "c_rose" <> wrote in message
    > I was lucky enough to accidentally get Internet Optimizer installed on
    > my computer and I'm having the damndest time getting rid of it.
    >
    > I've searched the web and done just about all I can on my own-- I've
    > been able to remove everything I was supposed to remove except for one
    > thing:
    >
    > nem219.dll
    >
    > It's in the Windows folder and it's obviously protected from being
    > easily deleted by less sophisticated computer folk like myself.
    >
    > Being I'm still having problems with Internet Optimizer, I'm assuming
    > deleting this nem bastard is the key my to browser happiness.
    >
    > Can anyone enlighten me as to how I can make this nem219.dll deletion
    > friendly?

    try safe mode.
    Thor, Sep 10, 2004
  5. c_rose

    c_rose Guest

    Hmmm... I actually tried that and the message I got after typing that
    in said something to the effect that what I did was successful, but
    then I still couldn't delete the file.

    What exactly am I telling my computer to do when I type that--
    unregister that file?

    c_rose, Sep 10, 2004
  6. c_rose

    c_rose Guest

    Sorry, but I'm not sure I follow you regarding "safe mode."

    c_rose, Sep 11, 2004
  7. c_rose

    Thor Guest

    "c_rose" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry, but I'm not sure I follow you regarding "safe mode."

    Press the F8 key at startup (right before you see the starting windows logo
    screen), and choose "safe mode" from the startup menu. Safe mode is a
    diagnostic mode of windows, and only loads a minimal driver set, and
    disables most startup programs, which may free the file up for deletion.
    Thor, Sep 11, 2004
  8. c_rose

    c_rose Guest

    Okay... I think I've solved the problem, but I'd feel better if a more
    computer saavy person could help verify that for me.

    By way of Spybot and some other little helpers I was able to delete
    all Internet Optimizer related files on my computer except for that
    nasty "nem219.dll" So using my own brand of retarded computer logic I
    just renamed the file by adding the word "poop" to the end of it. As
    in:

    "nem219.dllpoop"

    Classy, I know. As far as I can tell that's disabled the file and I
    shouldn't really have to worry about it, correct? (I mean if someone
    can tell me how to make the file deletable great, but doesn't this
    essentially kill the file?)

    Anyway, I did the same thing with two .dll files for SideFind, which I
    was also fortunate enough to contract the other day. Again, that seems
    to have killed the files.

    I'm so proud of those little files that I've created a special folder
    called "Spyware Prison" in which to house them-- my little trophies.
    Again, I know I'm retarded.

    Anyway, just hoping someone a little wiser in this area could confirm
    or deny that I've permanently disabled these files.

    Thanks.
    c_rose, Sep 11, 2004
  9. c_rose

    Thor Guest

    "c_rose" <> wrote in message
    > Okay... I think I've solved the problem, but I'd feel better if a more
    > computer saavy person could help verify that for me.
    >
    > By way of Spybot and some other little helpers I was able to delete
    > all Internet Optimizer related files on my computer except for that
    > nasty "nem219.dll" So using my own brand of retarded computer logic I
    > just renamed the file by adding the word "poop" to the end of it. As
    > in:
    >
    > "nem219.dllpoop"
    >
    > Classy, I know. As far as I can tell that's disabled the file and I
    > shouldn't really have to worry about it, correct? (I mean if someone
    > can tell me how to make the file deletable great, but doesn't this
    > essentially kill the file?)
    >
    > Anyway, I did the same thing with two .dll files for SideFind, which I
    > was also fortunate enough to contract the other day. Again, that seems
    > to have killed the files.
    >
    > I'm so proud of those little files that I've created a special folder
    > called "Spyware Prison" in which to house them-- my little trophies.
    > Again, I know I'm retarded.
    >
    > Anyway, just hoping someone a little wiser in this area could confirm
    > or deny that I've permanently disabled these files.

    if you've been able to do all that with those files, you should easily be
    able to delete them.
    Thor, Sep 11, 2004