Internet New Connection Wizard problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ockerr, Apr 23, 2005.

  1. Ockerr

    Ockerr Guest

    I need help Guys

    I cannot set up my Dialup Modem because when I do the "New Connection
    Wizard Internet setup and try to select my connection it comes up
    "Connect using a Broadband connection that is always on"
    This is highlited and the rest of the options are grey'd out.
    I do not have a ADSL or Broadband connection only a Dialup But the setup
    wont reconise the Dialup, My Modem is okay and is detected as Hardware in
    the Hardware section.
    It seems like my Computer thinks I have a Network
    Any Help appreciated
    Thank you

    It has removed 78 spam emails to date.
    Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    Ockerr, Apr 23, 2005

  2. Ockerr

    docmill Guest

    "Ockerr" <> wrote in

    > I need help Guys
    >
    > I cannot set up my Dialup Modem because when I do the "New Connection
    > Wizard Internet setup and try to select my connection it comes up
    > "Connect using a Broadband connection that is always on"
    > This is highlited and the rest of the options are grey'd out.
    > I do not have a ADSL or Broadband connection only a Dialup But the setup
    > wont reconise the Dialup, My Modem is okay and is detected as Hardware in
    > the Hardware section.
    > It seems like my Computer thinks I have a Network
    > Any Help appreciated
    > Thank you

    > It has removed 78 spam emails to date.
    > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    Do you have Dial up networking installed? Assuming Windows ?? Add remove
    programs to see.
    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

    docmill, Apr 23, 2005

  3. Ockerr

    ProfGene Guest

    Ockerr wrote:
    > I need help Guys
    >
    > I cannot set up my Dialup Modem because when I do the "New Connection
    > Wizard Internet setup and try to select my connection it comes up
    > "Connect using a Broadband connection that is always on"
    > This is highlited and the rest of the options are grey'd out.
    > I do not have a ADSL or Broadband connection only a Dialup But the setup
    > wont reconise the Dialup, My Modem is okay and is detected as Hardware in
    > the Hardware section.
    > It seems like my Computer thinks I have a Network
    > Any Help appreciated
    > Thank you

    > It has removed 78 spam emails to date.
    > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    Have you gone to the control panel and put in the dialup adapter in the
    network section?

    ProfGene, May 9, 2005