    I look forward to your reply,

    Yours faithfully,

    Mike Urwin

    Mike Urwin, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Mike Urwin

    trout Guest

    Mike Urwin wrote:

    > Dear Helpdesk,
    >
    > I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill,
    > ie not on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying
    > broadband.
    >
    > This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using
    > Windows XP. The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have
    > any options apart from Broadband? If so, how can I access
    > this/these, in order to start.
    >
    > I look forward to your reply,
    >
    > Yours faithfully,
    >
    > Mike Urwin

    You'll need to contact your ISP (this ain't it).
    Try http://virgin.net/
    --
    If you are not incapacitated with mirth at the various amusing 'answers'
    you'll no doubt receive.

    trout, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Mike Urwin

    Old Gringo Guest

    Mike Urwin wrote:
    > Dear Helpdesk,
    >
    > I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie not
    > on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying broadband.
    >
    > This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using Windows XP.
    > The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have any options apart
    > from Broadband? If so, how can I access this/these, in order to start.
    >
    > I look forward to your reply,
    >
    > Yours faithfully,
    >
    > Mike Urwin

    After reading your post I have decided to take up brain surgery.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Mar 31, 2005
  4. Mike Urwin

    WormWood Guest

    "Mike Urwin" <> wrote in message
    > Dear Helpdesk,
    >
    > I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie
    > not
    > on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying
    > broadband.
    >
    > This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using
    > Windows XP.
    > The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have any options
    > apart
    > from Broadband? If so, how can I access this/these, in order to
    > start.
    >
    > I look forward to your reply,
    >
    > Yours faithfully,
    >
    > Mike Urwin

    Use the same connection you now have. Just configure the new machine's
    dialup to match the one in your old one and plug the phone line into the
    modem.

    btw, this is not your isp's help desk. This is usenet.

    WormWood, Mar 31, 2005
  5. Mike Urwin

    barry Guest

    Mike Urwin wrote:
    > Dear Helpdesk,
    >
    > I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie not
    > on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying broadband.
    >
    > This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using Windows XP.
    > The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have any options apart
    > from Broadband? If so, how can I access this/these, in order to start.
    >
    > I look forward to your reply,
    >
    > Yours faithfully,
    >
    > Mike Urwin

    try virgin. and that's not your real email address is it? Dear oh dear....

    barry, Mar 31, 2005
  6. Mike Urwin wrote:
    > Dear Helpdesk,

    > I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie not

    And you're two months behind. Pay up or get disconnected. Thank you.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 1, 2005
  7. Mike Urwin

    Rudolpho Guest

    Mike Urwin wrote:
    > Dear Helpdesk,
    >
    > I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie not
    > on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying broadband.
    >
    > This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using Windows XP.
    > The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have any options apart
    > from Broadband? If so, how can I access this/these, in order to start.
    >
    > I look forward to your reply,
    >
    > Yours faithfully,
    >
    > Mike Urwin

    Please visit:
    http://www.virgin.net/customers/contactus/
    --

    Rudolpho

    Rudolpho, Apr 1, 2005
  8. Mike Urwin

    DC Guest

    barry wrote:
    > Mike Urwin wrote:
    >> Dear Helpdesk,

    >> I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie not
    >> on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying broadband.

    >> This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using Windows XP.
    >> The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have any options apart
    >> from Broadband? If so, how can I access this/these, in order to start.

    >> I look forward to your reply,

    >> Yours faithfully,

    >> Mike Urwin

    > try virgin. and that's not your real email address is it? Dear oh dear....

    Best advice I've read all day. };O)

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com