    stopping the Windows Firewall. (We have a laptop on the home network, that
    one never experience such problems even when this computer loses connection).
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?aXNpX29ubw==?=, Aug 4, 2006

  2. Hi,

    It might help to prevent the computer from losing connection when it
    hibernates. You can try to do this by disabling the power saving feature of
    the wireless adapter.

    View your network connections (start-settings-network connections),
    right-click your adapter and select properties. Click the configure button.

    If you see a power management tab, select it and then uncheck "allow the
    computer to turn off this device to save power". If there is no power
    management tab, select the advanced tab, and look in the list of properties
    for Power Save Mode. Set the value to disabled.

    I hope this helps.

    --
    Greg Lindsay [MSFT]

    no rights.

    Greg Lindsay [MSFT], Aug 4, 2006

  3. Thank you very much for your reply. I actually tried this before. There is a
    Power Save property inside the Advanced tab of the Wireless USB Network
    Adapter Properties. That value is already set to "disabled" and when I enable
    it the connection suddenly drops and the device starts to search for the
    network. And nothing changes when I unselect the "allow the computer to turn
    off this device to save power" option inside the "Power Management" tab. The
    same problem still occurs. Besides, this problem sometimes happens while the
    computer is actually functioning, i.e when I'm working on it. In other words,
    I have to repair the connection everytime the computer wakes up from Power
    Save, but it also happens at odd times while the computer is in use. I hope I
    didn't make it sound more complicated than it is. Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?aXNpX29ubw==?=, Aug 4, 2006
  4. bump (I wanted to bring up the message, to see if anyone has any other ideas
    about how to solve this problem). Thanks...

    =?Utf-8?B?aXNpX29ubw==?=, Aug 6, 2006