    It is his fault for upping a package they talk him into.....

    At the same time if they can fix it for a day or two then they DO have the capability to fix this problem.

    What can be done to MAKE this ISP provide great service if anything?
    Hennasee, Mar 6, 2008

  2. Hennasee

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I bet he is having problems with his cable modem (if he is using cable). These modems can die suddenly or degrade service over time. I didn't believe it until I replaced mine about a year ago. Suddenly I had no more drop outs or other errors on my connection.

    Wireless routers also die over time. I think these devices may get too hot.
    bigal, Mar 19, 2008

  3. Hennasee

    therantinggeek

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Kansas City
    I'm not sure what legal recourse he has (if any), that would be something he would have to speak to an attorney about. He might also want to think about replacing his NIC in addition to the cable/DSL modem and router as was suggested earlier.
    therantinggeek, Jul 3, 2008