    Any recommendations?

    Thanks,

    Deguza
    Kompu Kid, Dec 11, 2010

  2. Kompu Kid

    Gordon Guest

    Kompu Kid <> wrote in news:97ecd821-069c-46bf-90f1-
    :

    > Hello All:
    >
    > I have been doing research on getting an internet fax service.
    >
    > I currently have a free eFax account. Full version will work, but it
    > is a bit pricey compared to some others such as Faxbetter.
    >
    > I will be a low volume user, and having a toll-free number which some
    > offer does not matter.
    >
    > Any recommendations?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Deguza

    First off, if you have, or can get, a dialup fax/modem you can use
    it to send faxes. Even if you don't use it for internet access.
    Unless you don't have a landline.

    To receive a fax, check if you have a voicemail service that
    can receive faxes. IIRC: Verizon Wireless e-mail can receive
    short faxes. Some VoIP phone services also can receive faxes.
    It totally beats me why traditional landline companies haven't
    been offering this service.

    The internet is rife with fax services, it's just a matter of finding
    them.
    Gordon, Dec 11, 2010

  3. Kompu Kid

    SMS Guest

    On 12/10/2010 9:21 PM, Kompu Kid wrote:
    > Hello All:
    >
    > I have been doing research on getting an internet fax service.
    >
    > I currently have a free eFax account. Full version will work, but it
    > is a bit pricey compared to some others such as Faxbetter.
    >
    > I will be a low volume user, and having a toll-free number which some
    > offer does not matter.

    I've been using Faxaway. $1 a month, outgoing is 11ยข per minute (U.S.).
    No charge for incoming. You'll get a number with a 206 area code. Much
    less expensive than Faxbetter.

    <http://faxaway.com/>

    I find that it can take up to ten minutes for an outgoing FAX to be sent
    from their servers.

    Basically you want to put whatever you're sending into a .doc file,
    though other file formats are supported. They also have a free TIFF
    converter which is the format to use for sending graphics that works the
    best, but graphics inside a .doc file are also fine.

    It doesn't support non-U.S. character sets--you'll need to convert the
    document to a TIFF if you use those.

    User guide is at <http://faxaway.com/user_guide/Faxaway_User_GUIDE.pdf>
    SMS, Dec 11, 2010
  4. Kompu Kid

    Mike Easter Guest

    Kompu Kid wrote:

    > I have been doing research on getting an internet fax service.

    How many outgoing pages per month? How many incoming pages per month? Do
    you have a landline?

    Have you seen any comparison sites such as this one
    http://www.faxcompare.com/

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 11, 2010
  5. Kompu Kid

    Cinies

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Among the obvious advantages of all Internet fax services over traditional fax equipment, one is definitely low cost and reliable and I could recommend to all people Popfax.com.
    Cinies, Feb 8, 2011
  6. Kompu Kid

    Ashleigh

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Sfax provide an Internet fax service that is completely secure and its freedom plan starts at just $24/year, so is perfect for people that don't need to send lots of faxes per month:

    http://www.sfaxme.com/sfax-freedom.html
    Ashleigh, Feb 25, 2011
  7. Kompu Kid

    Dturner11

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    I would recommend checking out FaxitFast.com if you're looking for a reliable internet fax provider. I've been using their fax by email service for awhile now and I'm very happy with my choice. They let you choose your own dedicated local or toll-free number (toll free doesn't cost extra either) and the service is less than 6 bucks a month.

    In addition, the offer a 30 day free trial with zero setup fees so you can really try the service out before you pay for anything. All of my inbound faxes get delivered to my email as PDF files and I can send faxes straight from my email account by simply typing in the recipient's fax number in the address field. I know there are a lot of online fax providers out there, but based on my research I think FaxitFast offers the best value for the price.
    Dturner11, Apr 29, 2011