    not work in it, and I need to get back to IE6. For now it's back to X86 for
    the day (at least) Sure don't want to have to go back to my latest backup
    of x64 and spend the time bringing it forward.
    John Barnes, Aug 7, 2006

  2. John Barnes

    Jane C Guest

    You can uninstall IE7. IE6 will reappear :) (I did that on XP x64...had a
    few issues with IE7)

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :)

    Jane C, Aug 7, 2006

  3. System restore.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 7, 2006
  4. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Just how did you do that. It isn't in the add/remove programs, the
    add/remove Windows functions just removes the shortcuts. In Program Files
    (and 86) there is only the IE7 version. Did you find a place to redownload
    and install (and it let you install an earlier version?) Thanks

    John Barnes, Aug 7, 2006
  5. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    That might change the registry, but in Program Files (and 86) the only
    programs are the IE7 versions. I need the old programs back.

    John Barnes, Aug 7, 2006
  6. John:
    I remember reading in the IE group about a patch that makes IE7 look
    like IE6 for server or program access. Unfortunately I don't have that group
    on this PC for easy access.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 7, 2006
  7. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    When you get a chance I would appreciate trying it. I get this idiot
    message when I try to open the web page

    Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements to run this application.
    You require Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater, running on Windows
    9x, Me, Windows NT4, Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

    Please click the link below to upgrade to Internet Explorer 6

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp

    John Barnes, Aug 7, 2006
  8. John:
    I found the link, "http://www.fiddlertool.com/useragent.aspx". It's a tool
    to make Internet Explorer simulate another version. Many users needed this
    tool to access their banking institutions. Have a great day, wish that I was
    at work, this medical leave sucks and is boring.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 7, 2006
  9. John:
    In add/remove programs, click on "Show Updates".
    There you'll be able to see the IE7 uninstall option.
    Uninstalling IE7 this way allegedly brings your good ol' IE6 back (reboot
    required) from that limbo place where it is hidden and you can't find it.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 7, 2006
  10. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks, Carlos, I will try that when I get back to x64 after work.

    John Barnes, Aug 7, 2006
  11. Here are the downloadable registry modification files (*.reg) that are
    necessary for fooling websites and make them think that you are running IE6
    when you are actually using IE7.
    http://www.fiddlertool.com/useragent.aspx

    Use this to workaround sites that block IE7 or Windows Vista
    http://www.fiddlertool.com/dl/IE6SP2.reg

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 7, 2006
  12. These are the contents of the reg file that does the trick:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
    "Version"="MSIE 6.0"

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
    "SV1"=""

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Version
    Vector]
    "IE"="6.0000"

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\5.0\User Agent]
    "Version"="MSIE 6.0"

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
    "SV1"=""

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Version Vector]
    "IE"="6.0000"

    I've have had to resort to it 'cause my banks on the net would refuse to
    believe that this was actually "Internet Explorer 6 or higher"
    Enjoy.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 8, 2006
  13. Yes, that's the IE6 agent string for use in IR7.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 8, 2006
  14. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks everyone. Has solved the problem.

    John Barnes, Aug 8, 2006