Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Apellegrini, Jun 30, 2005.

  1. Apellegrini

    Apellegrini Guest

    Apellegrini, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Apellegrini

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:09:52 -0500, Apellegrini wrote:

    >Ok this is a little weird... My boss wants me to find out how to make IE

    Aren't they all and it's not that weird there are several answers if you
    tried www.google.com

    >open full screen every time he opens it. He does not like having to hit
    >the Maximise button or doubble clicking the blue bar... any
    >recomendations???

    From www.google.com

    You can have a home page with some JavaScript in it to do that.

    Interesting take on the subject
    http://www.sbw.org/iemax/

    The full screen button , F11

    Play around with setting the size and try File / Close , read up on this
    as you can set a default launch and default shrink size IIRC.

    You will see from the Google search results, several of the normal
    recommended sites like MS, theeldergeek and MVPS mention the issues you
    asked about.

    Favorites Link Does Not Use Last Internet Explorer Window Size
    .... Internet Explorer may start with a default window size even if the
    previous
    setting ... 197029 How to Configure Internet Explorer 5 for Full Screen
    Mode ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q228567 -
    Similar pages

    Maximize Internet Explorer On Opening
    .... in size anywhere from that of a postage stamp to almost filling the
    screen.
    .... Solution: The default behavior for Internet Explorer is to open at
    the ...
    www.theeldergeek.com/maximize_internet_explorer.htm - 50k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    How To: Customize Your Internet Explorer
    Opening Internet Explorer Full Size ... Resize your IE Cache size. By
    default IE
    reserves 10% of your drive space for the Temporary Internet Files. ...
    www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

    Me
    why?, Jun 30, 2005

  3. Apellegrini

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Apellegrini <> wrote in

    > Ok this is a little weird... My boss wants me to find out how to make IE
    > open full screen every time he opens it. He does not like having to hit
    > the Maximise button or doubble clicking the blue bar... any
    > recomendations???

    Right click on the icon he uses to launch IE and select properties set the
    Run property to maximized.
    Fuzzy Logic, Jun 30, 2005
  4. Apellegrini

    nemo2 Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Ok this is a little weird... My boss wants me to find out how to make IE
    >open full screen every time he opens it. He does not like having to hit
    >the Maximise button or doubble clicking the blue bar... any
    >recomendations???

    Try this free utility:

    http://www.jiisoft.com/

    regards