    E-Machines 130

    TIA
    Michael Dodsworth

    Michael Dodsworth, May 16, 2004

  2. Michael Dodsworth

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Michael Dodsworth" <> wrote in message
    news:KlMpc.284$f%...
    > Hi,
    > Recently my internet explorer has been playing up. Every time I try to

    load
    > an internet page, the window switches itself off, so I cannot view

    WebPages.
    > If anyone knows how to fix this ad what is causing it, I would be

    grateful.
    > Windows XP
    > E-Machines 130
    >
    > TIA
    > Michael Dodsworth

    Probably a dirty/nasty/icky....I cut the following message out of a
    different forum for you:
    ========
    Open the Internet Options applet in Control Panel
    Uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions" on the Advanced tab.
    You may also have to set the Home Page to about :blank

    Then eliminate any scumware. See
    Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
    won't. Also, each needs to be updated with the program's update function
    before every use, even when just downloaded. There's also a lot more to do
    than just those two programs. CWShredder is also available here:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/reg../cwshredder.zip

    If still having problems. then post your HijackThis log

    Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
    may be found on this page:
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.

    If trying everything at that site does not fix the problem please post back
    in the same thread.

    Toolman Tim, May 16, 2004