internet explorer will not connect

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?bGl0dGxlIHNwb3Q=?=, Apr 15, 2006.

  1. hi there...
    i hope someone can please help me as i don't know what to do...
    i have a pc laptop and use it with a belkin wireless router...

    i recently moved house and now internet explorer will not work. However, i
    am able to use firefox.

    Whenever i click on the ie icon on desktop it tries to load the page but
    then just freezes with a sigh ie is not responding.

    i could get by with just firefox but i cannot update my mcaffe virus
    protection or use msn messenger with it.

    when i did a test with msn messenger it says that there is a problem with
    the key ports. What the hell are they????

    it gives an error message 81000306

    my roomate has an apple computer and he can use internet explorer

    what could have gone wrong?

    i don't want to start messing around with settings etc in case i break
    firefox as well

    i apologise for my extreme lack of knowledge and i really hope someone can
    offer me some advice as it is driving me crazy...

    thanks,

    gaynor
    =?Utf-8?B?bGl0dGxlIHNwb3Q=?=, Apr 15, 2006