    Also i've stopped programs from running in the reg /HKLM

    Any idead please.

    Jim

    Jimi, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Jimi

    Richard Guest

    Jimi wrote:

    > When my windows xp system starts up, internet explorer tries to connect
    > to the web page http:63.246.131.130/secur.html
    > I've got all the xp updates installed, Norton 2005 updated and spybot.
    > I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this.
    > Also i've stopped programs from running in the reg /HKLM

    > Any idead please.

    > Jim

    open the registry and search for the IP. Delete all entries.

    Richard, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Jimi

    Joe Guest

    "I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this."

    Then it must be opening with something that you have not removed from
    msconfig, remove one thing at a time until it stops. If it still does not
    stop you could always do a clean install.

    Joe, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Jimi

    JOni Guest

    Do you mean a clean install of windows oe I.E

    JOni, Nov 30, 2004
  5. Jimi

    DennisC Guest

    --
    "Jimi" <> wrote in message
    > When my windows xp system starts up, internet explorer tries to connect
    > to the web page http:63.246.131.130/secur.html
    > I've got all the xp updates installed, Norton 2005 updated and spybot.
    > I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this.
    > Also i've stopped programs from running in the reg /HKLM
    >
    > Any idead please.
    >
    > Jim

    Hello Jim,
    Sounds to me that it may be a browser hijacker. Download
    the Bazooka Spyware Scanner. http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html
    It is freeware. Also it does NOT fix anything it finds. However, when you
    click
    on what it finds you are taken to the kphyr.com site and instructions for
    manual
    removal of that particular object. Most of the removals involve sometimes
    extensive edits of the registry. I have used it may times and it works when
    other removal tools may miss a particular object. Spybot search and destroy,
    spyware blaster and bazooka working together will usually keep the system
    clean. You may want to disable system restore so the scanners can scan
    those files also. Then enable it again when finished scanning.
    Good Luck
    DennisC

    DennisC, Nov 30, 2004
  6. Jimi

    Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:11:15 -0500, "Joe" <> wrote:

    |> "I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this."
    |>
    |> Then it must be opening with something that you have not removed from
    |> msconfig, remove one thing at a time until it stops.

    |>If it still does not stop you could always do a clean install.

    Tad bit overkill isn't it?

    Most drastic thing I would do is change browsers.

    Between Opera and my hosts file I can't get to the website mentioned.
    Opera cause it doesn't like the format of the link and the hosts file
    cause it's telling me I really don't need to go there.

    |> "Jimi" <> wrote in message
    |> > When my windows xp system starts up, internet explorer tries to connect
    |> > to the web page http:63.246.131.130/secur.html
    |> > I've got all the xp updates installed, Norton 2005 updated and spybot.
    |> > I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this.
    |> > Also i've stopped programs from running in the reg /HKLM
    |> >
    |> > Any idead please.
    |> >
    |> > Jim

    , Nov 30, 2004
  7. Jimi

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:31:55 -0600, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    > Jimi wrote:
    >
    > > When my windows xp system starts up, internet explorer tries to connect
    > > to the web page http:63.246.131.130/secur.html
    > > I've got all the xp updates installed, Norton 2005 updated and spybot.
    > > I've removed most programs from msconfig but can't get rid of this.
    > > Also i've stopped programs from running in the reg /HKLM

    > > Any idead please.

    > > Jim

    >open the registry and search for the IP. Delete all entries.

    You are one heck of a moron, Bullis!

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2004
  8. Jimi

    °Mike° Guest

    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/