Internet Explorer stops working after clicking a link that opens a new window

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by shorthairjj132, Jul 24, 2007.

  1. shorthairjj132

    shorthairjj132

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Everytime I click on a link to open a new window, one of the two following messages pops up:

    Internet Explorer has stopped working.
    (in small font) Internet Explorer can search online for a solution

    Then it gives these options:
    Check online for a solution and close the program
    Close the program

    Then it gives some details.

    or this will pop up:

    Internet Explorer has stopped working.
    (in small font) Internet Explorer can search online for a solution

    Then it gives these options:
    Check online for a solution and restart the program
    Restart the program (by doing this it closes the current window and re-opens a new one on my home page)

    Then it gives some details.

    Can someone tell me why this is happening? What I can do to fix it?

    Thanks!!
    shorthairjj132, Jul 24, 2007