    What has happened and how can I get IE6 working again. The internet
    connection is fine as MSM works and I can access the internet on my slower
    machine (this one) but want to get my fast XP machine working on IE6 again

    SS, Aug 22, 2005

  2. SS

    trout Guest

    SS wrote:

    > IE6 was working fine on my XP home machine until today. Now when I
    > double click on the desktop icon I get message "Windows cannot find
    > '(null)', make sure you typed the name correctly and try again".
    >
    > When I click on the taskbar icon it says it cannot find C:\Program
    > Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE, yet this file exists in that
    > very location (89 kbytes size)!
    >
    > What has happened and how can I get IE6 working again. The internet
    > connection is fine as MSM works and I can access the internet on my
    > slower machine (this one) but want to get my fast XP machine working
    > on IE6 again

    May as well try what MS recommends, first:
    They can't be wrong *all* the time.

    trout, Aug 22, 2005

  3. "SS" <> wrote in message
    > IE6 was working fine on my XP home machine until today. Now when I double
    > click on the desktop icon I get message "Windows cannot find '(null)',
    > make
    > sure you typed the name correctly and try again".
    >
    > When I click on the taskbar icon it says it cannot find C:\Program
    > Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE, yet this file exists in that very
    > location (89 kbytes size)!
    >
    > What has happened and how can I get IE6 working again. The internet
    > connection is fine as MSM works and I can access the internet on my slower
    > machine (this one) but want to get my fast XP machine working on IE6 again

    Might try this as well:
    http://techhowto.org/index.php?action=artikel&cat=9&id=31&artlang=en

    --
    Rob

    Rob Burghdoff, Aug 23, 2005
  4. SS wrote:
    > IE6 was working fine on my XP home machine until today. Now when I double
    > click on the desktop icon I get message "Windows cannot find '(null)', make
    > sure you typed the name correctly and try again".

    Look at this as a blessing, not a problem; then go here for the
    solution:

    http://mozilla.org

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263