Internet Explorer - Stays in background or stops responding

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Rob Wilkens, Nov 25, 2005.

  1. Rob Wilkens

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    Hi

    I installed XP x64 edition on November 1st and have had this problem ever
    since:

    Internet Explorer often either:
    (1) Freezes up entirely, or more often
    (2) Goes in the background behind all other windows and there is no way to
    bring it to the front.

    Not sure of 32-bit or 64-bit internet explorer is running in each situation,
    but I know most recently when I terminated a frozen internet explorer, task
    manager's process tab referred to it as "IEXPLORE.EXE *32" so I presume it
    was the 32-bit version in *that* situation.

    Either Advice or shared horror stories are welcome.

    Thanks
    Rob

    Rob Wilkens, Nov 25, 2005

  2. Could you give us some info on your computer specs? Is it using a nVidia
    chip set? If so, its possibly the nVidia Firewall? Uninstall that if you are
    using the nVidia Chip by installing the firewall then uninstall it.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 25, 2005

  3. Rob Wilkens

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    Generic system (home-made), 1 gig memory, Athlon XP 6400 X2 3800+ processor,
    ATI Radeon 9200SE video card.

    -Rob

    Rob Wilkens, Dec 1, 2005