    cookies, scanned for viruses and malware. I'm stumped. TIA for
    any help. --Chthonia

    , Dec 22, 2003

  2. Install, update and use *all* of the following:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 01:33:18 GMT, scrawled:

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B0Mike=B0?=, Dec 22, 2003

  3. tommy Guest

    You might have too much in start-up. Start/run/msconfig/ok/startup. This
    is what I have "checked": sgtray, hpqcmon, hpgs2wnd,dmserver,mmtask,
    CMESys, P2P networking, wupdater, msmsgs. Everything else can be unchecked.
    Apply. Reboot. If this doesn't help go back to "run" and type in
    "services.msc" (no parenths)/ok. You can make several changes here that will
    unbog your IE. cf. www.blackviper.com and click on "Windows Xp Services
    Configuration".

    tom

    tommy, Dec 22, 2003
  4. °Mike° Guest

    That is *BAD* advice! The original poster's system will, no doubt, bear
    *no* resemblance to yours, and saying that *everything* else should be
    unchecked is sheer incompetence.

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 02:19:03 GMT, in
    <rwsFb.32102$>
    tommy scrawled: