    many thanks
    dan

    ---
    Dan Welch, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Dan Welch

    jeroen Guest

    In article <3f3e65b7$>,
    says...
    > Hello,
    > I have a problem with IE (version 6.0.2800) in Win XP Home Ed. If I
    > right-click on a picture to save it, the default name comes up as "untitled"
    > and it will only save in .bmp format. I know that normally you can save with
    > whatever file name and format the original picture was in. How can this be
    > corrected?
    > many thanks
    > dan

    After you fix your --- signature seperator (it should be "-- " without
    quoteS) I suggest you empty your temp folder and your temporary internet
    files, did it for me the last few times

    > ---

    Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    Jeroen Wijnands
    http://spam.pagina.nl
    jeroen, Aug 16, 2003

  3. Dan Welch

    °Mike° Guest

    Delete your temporary internet files, including 'Offline content'.

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:11:15 +0100, in
    <3f3e65b7$>
    Dan Welch scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 16, 2003
  4. Dan Welch

    Dan Welch Guest

    Sorry about the signature spacer - I can find no way of editing this, it's
    applied by the virus checker! But the most important thing is that I can now
    save files properly, your advice worked, thanks!
    cheers
    dan

    "jeroen" <4all.nl> wrote in message
    > In article <3f3e65b7$>,
    > says...
    > > Hello,
    > > I have a problem with IE (version 6.0.2800) in Win XP Home Ed. If I
    > > right-click on a picture to save it, the default name comes up as

    "untitled"
    > > and it will only save in .bmp format. I know that normally you can save

    with
    > > whatever file name and format the original picture was in. How can this

    be
    > > corrected?
    > > many thanks
    > > dan
    > >

    > After you fix your --- signature seperator (it should be "-- " without
    > quoteS) I suggest you empty your temp folder and your temporary internet
    > files, did it for me the last few times
    >

    > > ---

    > Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    > Jeroen Wijnands