    and have never had this problem before. The only substantial new item
    on the computer is a Star Wars Leggo game.

    Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be appreciated!

    Spiderboy, Sep 22, 2006

  2. Spiderboy

    Mike Easter Guest

    Spiderboy wrote:
    > I'm running Windows XP. My computer is set up with 3 accounts. One
    > of the accounts works just fine.

    Where 'accounts' in this context means a means of connectivity? Or
    something else? For example, I'm assuming/seeing that your news
    connectivity is via rcn.com which is a cable 'account'.

    A person could have alternate connectivity 'accounts' such as alternate
    dialup accounts to access the internet with -- but accessing with some
    dialup account as an alternative to a broadband account wouldn't make
    much sense.

    Or, a person could have a main 'account' with a cable internet
    connectivity provider and then they could have 'sub-accounts' with the
    same cable provider to provide alternate mailboxes -- in which case the
    connectivity would be the same, but the subaccount would be different.
    But I can't imagine why a person would be accessing their cable
    connectivity with but one account and one IP address. They might have
    other mail accounts and addresses for the subaccounts.

    So, we have a terminology problem. "My computer is set up with 3
    accounts." So far I don't know exactly what that means. And we go from
    there about one of them working fine and two of them not, but I don't
    know what we are talking about.

    > But, in the other two accounts, Internet Explorer isn't working
    > properly. After launching Internet Explorer, an explorer window
    > appears briefly (for about 2 seconds), but then explorer closes (and
    > the explorer window disapears).

    That sounds like that 'account's' connectivity isn't working so good.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 22, 2006

  3. Spiderboy

    Spiderboy Guest

    I've solved the problem! Turns out the problem was with the "Yahoo
    Toolbar." Once that was uninstalled, Internet Explorer began behaving
    normally again. Yahoo will presumably fix the problem with its toolbar
    quickly.

    Spiderboy, Sep 22, 2006