    Is there anyway to delete Internet Explorer and then reinstall it? If so
    what are the steps to Delete it? I have tried a few times and get something
    saying that it is in use even when I have forced it to quit

    mpg, Jul 6, 2003

  2. mpg

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... mpg said:

    > Is there anyway to delete Internet Explorer and then reinstall it? If so
    > what are the steps to Delete it? I have tried a few times and get something
    > saying that it is in use even when I have forced it to quit

    Go to Add/Remove Programs, click Remove, and at the following menu, choose
    repair.
    Don't forget to run Ad-Aware afterwards to get rid of Alexa.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 6, 2003

  3. mpg

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  4. mpg

    mpg Guest

    What is Alexa?

    mpg, Jul 6, 2003
  5. mpg

    °Mike° Guest

    It's the 'What's related' spyware thing integrated into
    Internet Explorer.

    http://www.secunia.com/advisories/8955/

    http://www.imilly.com/alexa.htm

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:54:17 GMT, in
    <JyJNa.82684$>
    mpg scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  6. mpg

    mpg Guest

    Is there a way to disable it? I know IE is spy in itself....

    mpg, Jul 6, 2003
  7. mpg

    °Mike° Guest

    The instructions are on the second link I gave you.

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:17:52 GMT, in
    <QUJNa.82749$>
    mpg scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003