    of my systems are Windows XP home with all of the patches and Norton anti
    virus and firewall on all of them.

    Steven
    Viper, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Viper

    Jerry G. Guest

    IE was designed to not be blockable, as you would want to have it.

    Why not use Firefox for your users browsing the net instead. It will lack
    some of the interactivity, but it is very safe when it comes to looking at
    sights that are not safe.

    We use IE for trusted sites only, and use Firefox for general searches and
    etc. With Firefox, there is very little popup problems, and there will be no
    hijackings, or entries of spywares, unless the use approves of it.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "Viper" <no,ones,> wrote in message
    I have multiple computers networked together with different people using
    them. I have the internet properties set up the way I want. ( To Help block
    sites that have pop up's, spam, and other junk) I was wanting to know what
    can I do to lock, block, and/or keep the internet properties from being
    opened or any thing changed on them with out a password or some thing. All

    Jerry G., Feb 11, 2005

  3. Viper

    Dot Guest

    "Viper" <no,ones,> wrote in message
    >I have multiple computers networked together with different people using
    > them. I have the internet properties set up the way I want. ( To Help
    > block
    > sites that have pop up's, spam, and other junk) I was wanting to know what
    > can I do to lock, block, and/or keep the internet properties from being
    > opened or any thing changed on them with out a password or some thing. All
    > of my systems are Windows XP home with all of the patches and Norton anti
    > virus and firewall on all of them.
    >
    > Steven

    Run: gpedit.msc
    Dot, Feb 11, 2005
  4. Viper

    Dot Guest

    "Viper" <no,ones,> wrote in message
    >I have multiple computers networked together with different people using
    > them. I have the internet properties set up the way I want. ( To Help
    > block
    > sites that have pop up's, spam, and other junk) I was wanting to know what
    > can I do to lock, block, and/or keep the internet properties from being
    > opened or any thing changed on them with out a password or some thing. All
    > of my systems are Windows XP home with all of the patches and Norton anti
    > virus and firewall on all of them.
    >
    > Steven

    Block all you want using Group Policy Editor.
    Run: gpedit.msc
    Dot, Feb 12, 2005