    and should do about it and if so what? Thanks for any assistance.

    Cornelia Shields
    , Nov 11, 2005

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On 11 Nov 2005 12:51:05 -0800, wrote:

    >My computer is a Macintosh, no no Windows. I am currently using dialup
    >but when my community finishes installing equipment for better internet
    >capability I'll sign up for something faster.
    >
    >For at least a month now I've had many times when Internet Explorer
    >suddenly quits, or, more commonly, won't open at all! I've repaired,
    >verified, and saved Disk Permissions, and still on days when it doesn't
    >want to work it just won't! I must resort to using Safari as a
    >browser, which I don't like nearly as well!
    >
    >This seems to occur especially on weekends! Is there anything I can
    >and should do about it and if so what? Thanks for any assistance.

    Operating system? Version of IE?
    Evan Platt, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > My computer is a Macintosh, no no Windows. I am currently using dialup
    > but when my community finishes installing equipment for better internet
    > capability I'll sign up for something faster.
    >
    > For at least a month now I've had many times when Internet Explorer
    > suddenly quits, or, more commonly, won't open at all! I've repaired,
    > verified, and saved Disk Permissions, and still on days when it doesn't
    > want to work it just won't! I must resort to using Safari as a
    > browser, which I don't like nearly as well!
    >
    > This seems to occur especially on weekends! Is there anything I can
    > and should do about it and if so what? Thanks for any assistance.

    Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the program?
    It's possible you just don't have the right version, or don't have a
    good download, for this one.

    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/internetexplorer/internetexplorer.
    aspx?pid=internetexplorer

    Back up your 'favorites' first!
    Mitch, Nov 12, 2005
  4. Guest

    , Nov 12, 2005
  5. Guest

    From: Mitch <>
    Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 06:01:29 GMT

    > Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the program?  It's possible you just don't have the right version, or don't have a good download, for this one.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/internetexplorer/internetexplor...
    > Back up your 'favorites' first!

    Well, I downloaded this
    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/ma...

    and my favorites seem fine.  Thanks.

    Cori

    Maybe it didn't work! The download manager told me the download was
    successful, and I took it at its word as Internet Explorer seemed to be
    working better, but when I looked on my Hard Drive it says Internet
    Explorer was downloaded last year! So maybe I'll try yours and see if
    it works any better. Could you please tell me how to back up or save
    my Favorites? (I do use a Mac.) Thanks.

    Cori
    , Nov 18, 2005