    help me get IE to stop this?
    TIA

    , Jun 10, 2005

  2. joevan Guest

    On 10 Jun 2005 13:23:29 -0700, wrote:

    >First of all, I know IE is lame, but I really don't want to hear that,
    >so please keep that to yourself.
    > What I need to know is, when I click on some links, they refuse
    >to open. I get "pop-up blocked" in the status line. I have SP 2
    >installed, but I have the pop-up blocker turned off. I don't have any
    >other software (that I know of) running to block sites. Can someone
    >help me get IE to stop this?
    >TIA

    Shit happens all the time.

    -- "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Ionizer Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > First of all, I know IE is lame,
    > What I need to know is,

    So you're using software which you apparently "know" to be problematic
    and you're having problems with it. Why are you looking for a
    workaround to your problem instead of using less "lame" alternative
    software?

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Barney Guest

    had
    writtennews::

    > First of all, I know IE is lame, but I really don't want to hear
    > that, so please keep that to yourself.
    > What I need to know is, when I click on some links, they
    > refuse
    > to open. I get "pop-up blocked" in the status line.

    Is the page blank at this point? If your security settings are set to
    high it would possibly cause the problem as well. Check and see what
    add ons MIE is using. internet options/programs/manage add ons..

    Most of the world uses MIE and consequently can't be that lame.

    --
    Barney __________________________
    Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!

    Barney, Jun 10, 2005
  5. Shep© Guest

    On 10 Jun 2005 13:23:29 -0700 He understood Liz1 so well
    wrote :

    >First of all, I know IE is lame, but I really don't want to hear that,
    >so please keep that to yourself.
    > What I need to know is, when I click on some links, they refuse
    >to open. I get "pop-up blocked" in the status line. I have SP 2
    >installed, but I have the pop-up blocker turned off. I don't have any
    >other software (that I know of) running to block sites. Can someone
    >help me get IE to stop this?
    >TIA

    Have you a,"Firewall" installed?

    Have you a 3rd party IE ToolBar installed?

    Most,"Pop-up"stoppers can be temporarily disabled for quick link usage
    by holding down either the Ctrl Key or the Alt key on the keyboard.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Jun 11, 2005
  6. WormWood Guest

    IE is lame IE is lame IE is lame IE is lame IE is lame IE is lame IE is
    lame IE is lame

    In case you weren't aware of that.

    WormWood, Jun 11, 2005
  7. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > First of all, I know IE is lame, but I really don't want to hear that,
    > so please keep that to yourself.
    > What I need to know is, when I click on some links, they refuse
    > to open. I get "pop-up blocked" in the status line. I have SP 2

    Look in tools | Internet options | Security, Private, or Advanced.

    There may be something there you have to re-enabled that got disabled.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 11, 2005
  8. Guest

    :
    > > First of all, I know IE is lame, but I really don't want to hear
    > > that, so please keep that to yourself.
    > > What I need to know is, when I click on some links, they
    > > refuse
    > > to open. I get "pop-up blocked" in the status line.

    > Is the page blank at this point?

    No, it wasn't, but...

    > If your security settings are set to
    > high it would possibly cause the problem as well.

    Nope. That wasn't it either. Care to take one more crack at it? :)

    > Check and see what
    > add ons MIE is using. internet options/programs/manage add ons..

    That did the trick. Thanks for the CRYSTAL CLEAR instructions.

    Most of the world uses MIE and consequently can't be that lame.

    Before, I go on, Barney, this part is NOT directed at you, so PLEASE
    don't take offense at this:

    I really don't think the world has a right to know why I use IE, but
    I'm used to it, it's on most computers, and does what I want (most of
    the time). If you think IE is lame, fine. But don't try to ram your
    opinions down my throat. I like Jazz music, but do I force you to
    listen to it?

    Opinions are like assholes....everyone's got one
    --

    That did the trick. Thanks for the CRYSTAL CLEAR instructions. I
    haven't been to your site yet, but if the above is any indication, you

    P.S. If you care to know, the offending p

    , Jun 13, 2005
  9. Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    > I really don't think the world has a right to know why I use IE, but
    > I'm used to it, it's on most computers, and does what I want (most of
    > the time). If you think IE is lame, fine. But don't try to ram your
    > opinions down my throat. I like Jazz music, but do I force you to
    > listen to it?

    I tend to agree with you. I have a small network at the office with 40 some
    computers. I don't want to learn how to install, configure, and fix multiple
    browsers, email clients, etc. So when I took over the computer servicing, I
    got rid of everything else, and told them to leave it that way.

    It's no different that "penguin pushing". The Linux users think that by
    bashing the Windows users they'll change their minds. Not! (Yes, I've used
    Linux. I don't mind it a bit. But I have applications that are Windows
    based, and I'll be staying with Windows, thank you very much <g>)

    Toolman Tim, Jun 13, 2005
  10. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > It's no different that "penguin pushing". The Linux users think that by
    > bashing the Windows users they'll change their minds. Not! (Yes, I've used

    Not really. It's just fun to point and laugh. :)

    -
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 13, 2005
  11. Toolman Tim Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> It's no different that "penguin pushing". The Linux users think that by
    >> bashing the Windows users they'll change their minds. Not! (Yes, I've
    >> used

    > Not really. It's just fun to point and laugh. :)

    Okay - I'll give ya that one ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jun 14, 2005