    the add/remove progs list. Is there a repair option elsewhere just for IE? I
    have been forced to download netscape and it seems to work well but I would
    rather use IE if at all possible. Any info on this matter gr8ly appreciated!

    MrMann, Jan 7, 2004

  2. MrMann

    Sultan Guest

    MrMann wrote in news:5OKKb.22369$:

    > I use Win XP Pro, all windows updates installed. All my settings are
    > at Medium or Medium Low and every time I go to any page that requires
    > cookies, ie, online shopping, loging into an account, everything i do
    > gets lost somehow. For example, any place i do online shopping with, i
    > can spend 2 hrs shopping, pick out everything i want and when i go to
    > check out my "Shopping Cart" is empty and am logged out as soon as I
    > click any link on the page. I would like to try the "Repair" option
    > but Internet explorer is not listed in the add/remove progs list. Is
    > there a repair option elsewhere just for IE? I have been forced to
    > download netscape and it seems to work well but I would rather use IE
    > if at all possible. Any info on this matter gr8ly appreciated!

    Go to the control panel -> add/remove programs -> Add/remove windows
    components and de-select and the re-select Internet explorer. - Follow
    the prompts, reboot as needed and you now have the original IE version
    (6) - Once done, make sure you jump on Windows Update and patch.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 7, 2004

  3. MrMann

    Sultan Guest

    Sultan wrote in news:Xns9468DAB01C11Dsultanofcyberhotmail@209.25.157.130:

    > MrMann wrote in news:5OKKb.22369$:
    >
    >> I use Win XP Pro, all windows updates installed. All my settings are
    >> at Medium or Medium Low and every time I go to any page that requires
    >> cookies, ie, online shopping, loging into an account, everything i do
    >> gets lost somehow. For example, any place i do online shopping with, i
    >> can spend 2 hrs shopping, pick out everything i want and when i go to
    >> check out my "Shopping Cart" is empty and am logged out as soon as I
    >> click any link on the page. I would like to try the "Repair" option
    >> but Internet explorer is not listed in the add/remove progs list. Is
    >> there a repair option elsewhere just for IE? I have been forced to
    >> download netscape and it seems to work well but I would rather use IE
    >> if at all possible. Any info on this matter gr8ly appreciated!
    >>

    > Go to the control panel -> add/remove programs -> Add/remove windows
    > components and de-select and the re-select Internet explorer. - Follow
    > the prompts, reboot as needed and you now have the original IE version
    > (6) - Once done, make sure you jump on Windows Update and patch.
    >
    > Sultan

    And if that doesn't work try this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

    Also after your done you may want to try MYIE2, it uses the IE engine but
    is so much better than IE alone. http://www.myie2.com

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 7, 2004