    made.

    Thank you

    Andrew
    Andrew, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Andrew

    Chuck Guest

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    news:fUjLb.10094$...
    > Attempting to change the homepage address in internet options of explorer
    > but found the address to be greyed out and unable to make any changes, can
    > any body advise me on how to make this active in order that changes can be
    > made.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Andrew

    Not sure what your problem is but if your url has been hijacke I foung a
    good littel application. It's called Hi Jack This.
    Worked wonders for me. Just take your time with it.
    Chuck, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Andrew

    mAineAc Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:24:27 +0000, Andrew wrote:

    > Attempting to change the homepage address in internet options of explorer
    > but found the address to be greyed out and unable to make any changes, can
    > any body advise me on how to make this active in order that changes can be
    > made.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Andrew

    Get spybot s&d and remove the spyware on your computer?
    mAineAc, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Andrew

    Boomer Guest

    "Andrew" <> wrote in

    > Attempting to change the homepage address in internet options of
    > explorer but found the address to be greyed out and unable to make
    > any changes, can any body advise me on how to make this active in
    > order that changes can be made.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Andrew

    I'd start with these n2:

    HijackThis and CoolWebShredder
    http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip

    Then install, at least, the next three below.
    Keep updated and use often. :)

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    StartupList, HijackThis and CoolWebShredder
    http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip
    http://www.merijn.org/htlogtutorial.html

    Info on above and more.

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    ~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    ~Other software~
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

    Also serach Google and Googles archive for more information.

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html
    Boomer, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Andrew

    trout Guest

    Andrew wrote:

    > Attempting to change the homepage address in internet options of
    > explorer but found the address to be greyed out and unable to make
    > any changes, can any body advise me on how to make this active in
    > order that changes can be made.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Andrew

    In the case of a 'hijacker'; it's often easier to diagnose the
    problem if you mention which current homepage is set. Also, in addition
    to the other advice; be aware that some 'security' programs (including
    some mentioned) have the option to 'lock the homepage'.
    --
    "Check those settings, as well."
    trout, Jan 9, 2004