Internet Explorer problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Trev Dawson, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Trev Dawson

    Trev Dawson Guest

    Hi, I am having a problem when browsing the web with internet explorer.

    If I go to a site the uses advertising, a lot of the ads don't show, they
    just give 'unable to display page' message, if I want to go back from this
    page to where I came I have to press the back button twice to get away from
    the site.

    Also, if I try to access a link that opens a new window that runs a
    javascript, nothing appears in that window, i just get the javascript
    instruction in the address bar.

    I have disabled zone-alarm and pop-up-stopper (temporarily onl) and it still
    doesn't help.

    anybody got any advice please?

    Thanks

    Trev

    Trev Dawson, Sep 13, 2003

  2. Trev Dawson

    °Mike° Guest

    Basic Computer Maintenance

    Delete any unwanted cookies, also.

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:24:40 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bjvjsn$l86$>
    Trev Dawson scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Trev Dawson

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:24:40 +0000 (UTC), In this world we created
    "Trev Dawson" <> wrote :

    >Hi, I am having a problem when browsing the web with internet explorer.
    >
    >If I go to a site the uses advertising, a lot of the ads don't show, they
    >just give 'unable to display page' message, if I want to go back from this
    >page to where I came I have to press the back button twice to get away from
    >the site.
    >
    >Also, if I try to access a link that opens a new window that runs a
    >javascript, nothing appears in that window, i just get the javascript
    >instruction in the address bar.
    >
    >I have disabled zone-alarm and pop-up-stopper (temporarily onl) and it still
    >doesn't help.
    >
    >anybody got any advice please?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Trev

    Start/Run and type msinfo32/OK/Tools and if you have the
    option:Internet Repair tool.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,