    results in an inability to download updates from windows update page. I
    suspect a setting issue.
    suggestions?
    =?Utf-8?B?V2FsdGVyQw==?=, May 17, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2FsdGVyQw==?=

    DP Guest

    You sure you don't have that reversed?
    My experience has been that the update page needs 32-bit. So if you're on
    the 64-bit IE, it will tell you it needs to switch to 32-bit.

    At least that's what happened a couple months ago.

    DP, May 17, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?V2FsdGVyQw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You may be having trouble with the Nvidia firewall. Usually fixable by
    installing and then uninstalling it. If you have an Nvidia chipset I would
    try this first.

    John Barnes, May 17, 2006
  4. A nearly sure sign of Nvidia's semi-hardware firewall.

    nown problem:
    Unfortunately, the built in nVidia firewall product appears to install at
    least some portion of itself even if you've never chosen to install it. And
    this appears to interfere with 32-bit programs. The solution is to install
    the firewall program if it isn't already installed, and then uninstall it.

    Also see: http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2006/01/15/81143.aspx

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64