    weeks ago.

    Is there a fix out there.

    Thankyou Kindly

    jack, Feb 3, 2004

  2. jack

    Boomer Guest

    "jack" <> wrote in
    news:bvo0ls$k5d$:

    > While surfing the net using IE 6.0 - when i scroll
    > down the page using the mouse, its very jerky and slow.
    > I have ticked use smooth scrolling and even unticked
    > it but it makes no difference.
    > My Pc is well fast and i didn't have this trouble a few
    > weeks ago.
    >
    > Is there a fix out there.
    >
    > Thankyou Kindly

    Would this be it?
    http://www.google.com/groups?q=mouse scroll group:24hoursupport.helpdes
    k+author:mike&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&safe=off&selm=3fd65866.430598%40localhost.dot.net&rnum=12

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?R23532947

    More info at Google's archive.
    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

    Boomer, Feb 3, 2004

  3. jack

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:29:02 -0000, jack wrote:

    >While surfing the net using IE 6.0 - when i scroll
    >down the page using the mouse, its very jerky and slow.
    >I have ticked use smooth scrolling and even unticked
    >it but it makes no difference.
    >My Pc is well fast and i didn't have this trouble a few
    >weeks ago.

    Any particular OS?

    >Is there a fix out there.

    Did it happen afer you appled a hotfix?

    Would it be this one, Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-048.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-048.asp
    Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (824145)
    Issued: November 11, 2003
    Updated: December 11, 2003
    Version: 1.2

    that introduced the scrolling bug?

    Read the following article *carefully*, the scroll issue is fixed as a
    silent unmentioned patch in
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-004.asp
    which replaces MS03-048 above.

    Not only is the scroll issue said to be fixed, the new update disables
    some other features, to stop the phishing exploit.

    You have been warned *read* the entire article.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-004.asp

    See comments in
    http://theregister.co.uk/content/55/35304.html
    http://theinquirer.net/?article=13949

    Me

    why?, Feb 3, 2004
  4. jack

    jack Guest

    Sorry guys i Didn't explain myself correctly.
    My system (WinXp) has the latest Updates
    and virus software is upto date- this is a small
    problem with I/Explorer. Normally if you have
    a webpage up i.e microsoft.com you can use the
    middle mouse wheel to scroll up and down the page
    quite happily wthout much flicker, my problem is when
    i attempt this its jerky like someone just downgraded
    my grafix card to 4meg PCI slug.

    I was thinking its more of a tweak to stop this from
    happening.

    jack, Feb 3, 2004
  5. jack

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:22:58 -0000, jack wrote:

    >Sorry guys i Didn't explain myself correctly.

    You did. Having just repeated the same thing below?

    >My system (WinXp) has the latest Updates

    Including the one released yesterday, mentioned in my previous reply?

    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-004
    Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (832894)
    Issued: February 2, 2004
    Version: 1.0

    Which fixes a scroll problem in the previous update.

    >and virus software is upto date- this is a small
    >problem with I/Explorer. Normally if you have
    >a webpage up i.e microsoft.com you can use the
    >middle mouse wheel to scroll up and down the page

    Use the scroll bar instead of the wheel to see if the samething happens.

    >quite happily wthout much flicker, my problem is when
    >i attempt this its jerky like someone just downgraded
    >my grafix card to 4meg PCI slug.
    >
    >I was thinking its more of a tweak to stop this from
    >happening.

    Depends what's causing it, the update bug or a driver setting?

    Have you checked the Control Panel settings for the mouse driver
    configuration?

    Maybe look for 'xp tweakui' or 'microsoft powertoys xp' on
    www.google.com the MS Win 2000 version has a mouse tab for - Use mouse
    wheel for scrolling page at a time / X lines at a time.

    I think there is a third party version as well as the MS one. You can
    look for that to see which offers what features.

    Try a different browser.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Feb 3, 2004
  6. jack

    jack Guest

    Cheers, i will look into a few of your points

    jack, Feb 3, 2004