Internet explorer not remembering homepage, xuptier?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Craig Sutton, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have a problem with explorer not remembering its homepage, every time I
    > set it, It gets reset to
    > http://81.211.105.9/index.php?v=3 which shows as an invalid page, I

    assume
    > I have been hit with something like xupiter, what could I check to rectify
    > this,
    >
    > Thanks to all who can help.

    you need to run spybot search and destroy and adaware, and if they don't
    cure it you need to search for "hijack this"

    Craig Sutton, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Mainlander

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bu322t$2qh$>,
    says...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have a problem with explorer not remembering its homepage, every time I
    > set it, It gets reset to
    > http://81.211.105.9/index.php?v=3 which shows as an invalid page, I assume
    > I have been hit with something like xupiter, what could I check to rectify
    > this,

    Ensure you have the latest patches from MS

    Jeremy, Jan 15, 2004
  4. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    Hi Craig

    Spybot was the key thankyou, that had been bugging me.
    If anybody dowloads spybot besure to online update it as it missed my
    problem untill I did

    Cheers

    Jeremy

    Jeremy, Jan 15, 2004