    maximized.

    why is this happening?
    , Feb 4, 2006

  2. p-nut Guest

    wrote:
    > When I open a link in a new window with internet explorer the window
    > almost takes up the full screen. I've maximized the window and held
    > ctrl while closing it, i've right clicked my shortcut and chose
    > maximized.
    >
    > why is this happening?

    Right click the shortcut and click properties.
    Change Run from "normal" to "maximized".
    p-nut, Feb 4, 2006

  3. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:Tu9Ff.513533$,
    p-nut spewed forth:
    > wrote:
    >> When I open a link in a new window with internet explorer the window
    >> almost takes up the full screen. I've maximized the window and held
    >> ctrl while closing it, i've right clicked my shortcut and chose
    >> maximized.
    >>
    >> why is this happening?

    > Right click the shortcut and click properties.
    > Change Run from "normal" to "maximized".

    If he's using the "default" icon on the desktop that Windows supplies,
    "Properties" will give him the Internet settings properties box. He would
    need to remove that icon, and put a "generic" icon on the desktop instead -
    such as dragging the one from Quicklaunch. That one can be edited.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 4, 2006
  4. wrote:

    > When I open a link in a new window with internet explorer the window
    > almost takes up the full screen. I've maximized the window and held
    > ctrl while closing it, i've right clicked my shortcut and chose
    > maximized.

    Why would you want it to opened maximized? When you do, you can never
    tell if a site opened a new window on top of the original one.

    Users who use maximized windows are always complaining that their Back
    button is greyed out, or broken. Another disadvantage to a maxed browser
    window is your main menu goes away.

    > why is this happening?

    Press the F11 key; it toggles max/regular size.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 4, 2006
  5. Guest

    On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 22:01:23 GMT, "p-nut" <i_don'> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> When I open a link in a new window with internet explorer the window
    >> almost takes up the full screen. I've maximized the window and held
    >> ctrl while closing it, i've right clicked my shortcut and chose
    >> maximized.
    >>
    >> why is this happening?

    >Right click the shortcut and click properties.
    >Change Run from "normal" to "maximized".

    my last statement says I already tried that
    , Feb 6, 2006
  6. Guest

    On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 23:04:24 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> When I open a link in a new window with internet explorer the window
    >> almost takes up the full screen. I've maximized the window and held
    >> ctrl while closing it, i've right clicked my shortcut and chose
    >> maximized.

    >Why would you want it to opened maximized? When you do, you can never
    >tell if a site opened a new window on top of the original one.
    >
    >Users who use maximized windows are always complaining that their Back
    >button is greyed out, or broken. Another disadvantage to a maxed browser
    >window is your main menu goes away.
    >
    >> why is this happening?

    >Press the F11 key; it toggles max/regular size.

    f11 changes between full screen.

    i want my windows maximized and I can tell when something opens a new
    window.

    this only started recently, i've had the problem before but holding
    ctrl and closing the window usually saves that positioning.

    its not working now though...
    , Feb 6, 2006
  7. Pete A Guest

    Try this:
    Start>Run>Regedit
    Locate this key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Document Windows
    Now modify the Maximized key to yes.

    Pete A, Feb 7, 2006