    the address bar. How can I put the menu bar above the address bar?

    Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 Windows XP sp2.

    Thanks.

    Lonnie Parker, Mar 28, 2007

  2. Lonnie Parker

    Neil Guest

    "Lonnie Parker" <> wrote in message news:4609c584$0$16332$...
    > When I open IE from the command line, there is no menu bar.
    > What makes it re-appear?
    >
    > When I open IE from the browser, I see the menu bar but it's below
    > the address bar. How can I put the menu bar above the address bar?
    >
    > Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 Windows XP sp2.
    >
    > Thanks.

    use Firefox

    Neil, Mar 28, 2007

  3. "Neil" <> wrote in message

    > "Lonnie Parker" <> wrote in message
    >> When I open IE from the command line, there is no menu bar.
    >> What makes it re-appear?
    >>
    >> When I open IE from the browser, I see the menu bar but it's below
    >> the address bar. How can I put the menu bar above the address bar?
    >>
    >> Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 Windows XP sp2.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > use Firefox

    Thanks (seriously) for the quick response. I may try that.
    I have a Linux machine and I'm trying to do more of my
    work on that box. I might install Firefox on my Windows
    box as well, but in the meantime I'll try to get this annoyance
    fixed.

    L.

    Lonnie Parker, Mar 28, 2007
  4. Lonnie Parker

    Neil Guest

    "Lonnie Parker" <> wrote in message news:4609c7ad$0$16383$...

    > "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Lonnie Parker" <> wrote in message
    > >> When I open IE from the command line, there is no menu bar.
    > >> What makes it re-appear?
    > >>
    > >> When I open IE from the browser, I see the menu bar but it's below
    > >> the address bar. How can I put the menu bar above the address bar?
    > >>
    > >> Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 Windows XP sp2.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks.
    > >>

    > > use Firefox
    > >

    > Thanks (seriously) for the quick response. I may try that.
    > I have a Linux machine and I'm trying to do more of my
    > work on that box. I might install Firefox on my Windows
    > box as well, but in the meantime I'll try to get this annoyance
    > fixed.

    <SNIP>
    Can you not right click a blank toolbar area and unlock toolbars - then drag them wherever you want? That's how it used to be !

    Neil, Mar 28, 2007
  5. Lonnie Parker

    WhzzKdd Guest

    > When I open IE from the command line, there is no menu bar.
    > What makes it re-appear?
    >
    > When I open IE from the browser, I see the menu bar but it's below
    > the address bar. How can I put the menu bar above the address bar?
    >
    > Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 Windows XP sp2.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Right click on the existing toolbar (directly right of the tabs) and turn
    on the menu bar.

    WhzzKdd, Mar 28, 2007
  6. Lonnie Parker

    sittingduck Guest

    Lonnie Parker wrote:

    > When I open IE from the command line, there is no menu bar.

    Damn, I wish mine did that? You know how to make this permanent?

    I have every toolbar on one line, having the menubar gone would be great.

    sittingduck, Mar 28, 2007