    kill it. How do I stop this?

    TIA
    Lynn Vu

    Lynn Vu, Sep 28, 2005

  2. You've become infected with one version or another of spyware/malware.
    Unfortunately, though, this is the 64bit newsgroup. The newsgroup you want
    to post your question in (and where some really great people hang out to
    help is: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.security.homeusers

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 28, 2005

  3. You can also download the latest build of Microsoft AntiSpyware 1.0 BETA
    Build 615:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    On the Scan Page, choose Scan Options > Full System Scan > check the boxes
    below and click "Run Scan Now". If that does not help, restart in safe mode
    and try the same method again.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 28, 2005
  4. Or go to
    http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE...045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5
    in order to download a free copy of the spyware removal tool Adaware.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 28, 2005
  5. Lynn Vu

    Lynn Vu Guest

    Thanks for all suggestions. Actually I run the latest version of ad-aware
    (version 6) a couple days ago but this did not fix my problem.

    Thanks
    LV

    Lynn Vu, Sep 28, 2005
  6. Lynn Vu

    Lynn Vu Guest

    Microsoft AntiSpyware 1.0 BETA won't work on my NT window. I got the
    latest version of Lavasoft ad-aware version 6 and I scanned my NT a couple

    Lynn Vu, Sep 28, 2005
  7. Oh, you are not running XP, try one of these then:
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder - http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
    Spy Sweeper - http://www.webroot.com
    Ccleaner - http://www.ccleaner.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 28, 2005
  8. You really need to go to the security.homeusers newsgroup, Lynn. There are
    some great folks there who can help you get clean.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 28, 2005